Ready for another public holiday?
We're just back from our Christmas break and we're about to have our first public holiday and long weekend.
So do Australians get too many public holidays?
I guess it depends who you ask - the entrepreneur, the business person or the employee.
As you enjoy Australia Day check out the following infographic from Statistica which shows how we compare to other developed countries.
- Also read:This week’s Australian Property Market Update – Latest Data, State by State November 28th, 2023
- Also read:The Boom and Bust of our Property Cycles: A Journey Through the Investor’s Mind
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2023 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
- Also read:The 10 Safest Cities to Live in Australia
- Also read:Everything you need to know about the state of Australia’s property markets in 20 charts – November 2023
Guess which country has the most public holidays?
The list above is for developed countries but according to worldatlas.com Cambodia enjoys 28 public holidays per year, the highest number of public holidays in the world.
Heres are the other rankings.
|Rank||No. of Public Holidays||Country/Countries|
|4||18||Colombia, Philippines, Trinidad and Tobago|
|5||17||China, Hong Kong|
|6||16||Thailand, Turkey, Pakistan|
|7||15||Japan, Malaysia, Argentina, Lithuania, Sweden|
|8||14||Indonesia, Chile, Slovakia|
|9||13||South Korea, Austria, Belgium, Norway, Taiwan, Nepal|
|11||11||Singapore, Italy, Denmark, France, UAE, Morocco, Czech Republic, Luxembourg|