Many years ago one of my early mentors, Jim Rohn taught me the importance of working on myself: “To have more we must first become more.”
It’s the first time I heard about personal development and I’ve continued on that path ever since.
SUCCESS celebrates and remembers the life of Jim Rohn with 10 of his most beloved quotes:
- “Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom.”
- If you think trying is hard, just wait until you get the bill for not trying
- “The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not a bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly.”
- “We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.”
- “It’s not what you get but what you become.”
- “Days are expensive. When you spend a day you have one less day to spend. So make sure you spend each one wisely.”
- “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.”
- “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.”
- “Learn to work harder on yourself than you do on your job”.
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”
- “Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day.”
- “Don’t join an easy crowd; you won’t grow. Go where the expectations and the demands to perform are high.”
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.