I don’t use the word “secrets” very often.
But over the years I’ve found that the wealthiest people around think, feel and do things that most people don’t know about.
I guess this means if you want have the life very few people have, then you’re going to need to think and do what only very few people do.
And so they are “secrets.”
Today I’d like to share 6 of them based on my 20 years working with many successful investors and particularly working with the successful business people, entrepreneurs and investors who join me at Wealth Retreat on the Gold Coast each year in June:
Secret #1: They don’t really care what others think.
Now this is a core insight.
How many times have you had a breakthrough idea that would 10x your own life in the process, but given up on it the moment someone in your inner circle shot it down.
You can’t get ahead and make breakthroughs in your life, in your business or with your investments by doing what everyone else does.
I came across an interesting concept….this world was constructed by eccentrics and misfits.
I know that’s a bit confronting. but in his great book Zero To One, author Peter Thiel notes many of the Silicon Valley greats have Asperger’s Syndrome, which is on the autism spectrum.
He explains that these people are wired with no need to fit in. And this became their advantage.
Which meant they dreamed up grand visions and got them done, denying the chattering voices of the naysayers around them.
No I’m not suggesting you need to be on the “spectrum” to be successful. Far from it!
What I am saying is trust your gut. Block out those who don’t “get you.” Go ahead and chase your dreams.
And when you do…you’ll be considered a genius at the end.
And if you’re one of the 50 who will join me at Wealth Retreat on the Gold Coast this June you’ll go home with a 5 year plan for audacious goals in all aspects of your life plus a tool box full of tools so you’ll be able to fulfil your dreams.
Secret #2: Emotions power wealth.
Look, a big heart always beats cold logic.
I’m not saying you don’t have to have the bravery of a warrior to win at your goals.
All I’m saying is that the most successful people who join us at Wealth Retreat every year are driven by a cause much bigger than themselves.
And it came from their emotional dimension versus their intellectual realm.
They realise that true wealth is not measured by how much money you have or how many properties you own.
They know money is important in those areas of your life where it is important (like paying the bills) and it’s not at all important in those areas where it is not important.
At Wealth Retreat you will set 5 year goals and plans for all areas of you life so you can create Lifetime Wealth.
You can find out more about Wealth Retreat by clicking here
Secret #3: Your social circle determines your net worth.
You’ll never rise to financial freedom until you populate your life with bigger thinkers and better performers than you.
My life completely transformed when I had is one conversation with a mentor in 1998 – just over 20 years ago.
It was a game-changer that altered the rest of the way my life unfolded.
And when you join us at Wealth Retreat on the Gold Coast in June you’ll gain a whole new network of positive people who will understand you and help you leap forward.
One of the things that struck me on the first night at Wealth Retreat last year, when we all got together for a special surprise event (the details of which I can’t reveal here, otherwise it would spoil the surprise for the attendees) was how quickly people connected with each other.
Have you ever had that experience?
Where you meet a group of people and feel like you’ve known each other for years?
May I ask you a direct question?
It’s going to be a bit blunt, but I’m not sure how to “finesse” it so here goes:
- Will your current peer group empower you to reach your deepest dreams goals and your life’s purpose?
- Will they hold you accountable to a high enough standard or will they let you slip back into your old comfort zone?
- Will they feed your ideas and give you input to help you overcome challenges you face along the way?
- Will they support you when you’re having a tough moment?
- Do they inspire you to keep performing at your highest and best capabilities?
If not, what are you doing about changing that?
It’s ultimately up to you to find and create the peer group that will help you live the life you want to live.
Secret #4: Your net worth never exceeds your self worth.
Getting your internal foundation right is what the successful people I work with make one of their top priorities.
As one of my mentors, late great Jim Rohn said: “Income rarely exceeds personal development.”
Without building up an undefeatable mindset, installing a massively fit physical life and releasing the toxic waste of anger and sorrow from your emotional core, how can you possibly walk out into the world and do amazing things?
The world really is a mirror, giving us not what we want but who we are.
That’s one of the reasons I’ve invited my good friend Tom Corely form the USA to join us at Wealth Retreat.
He’ll share the findings of his 3 year Rich Habits study of self made millionaires – boy was this a game changer for attendees last year
Secret #5: The moment you become successful you’re in a very dangerous place.
Few things fail as well as success does.
On the other hand – I’m a real success at failure.
I’ve had more than my share of failures, many of them self inflicted, but each time I got up and tried again.
What I’m trying to say is that it’s so easy to arrive at the summit and then begin to stop doing the very things that got you there.
Oh, and the real trap is getting it right first time or being lucky and carried away by a property boom – the trouble is you think you’re smarter than you are!
I’ve found that masters never think like masters.
The reason they stay as masters is because they think like beginners.
If you’re not as successful today as you’d like to be, my question to you is…
“Where will YOU be in 5 years” – in all areas of your life?
Not just money, business, career and investments – but in all areas of your life?
Once you lay out your plans at Wealth Retreat (and we’ll help you gain clarity in the first 2 days), the expert faculty and I will give you all the tools, training, and support you need to:
- Gain deep insight and clarity into your life purpose
- Design a life that gives you deep joy and fulfilment
- Create a step-by-step blueprint to make your most ambitious dreams a reality
- Identify and overcome the deep blocks that are holding you back from showing up as your best self
And we’ll be doing this life-changing work in a lovely environment on the Gold Coast in June this year!
But don’t count yourself out from coming…
While in general the attendees at Wealth Retreat are already successful business people, entrepreneurs and investors, every year a group of aspiring investors and entrepreneurs joins us and get the type of information that propels them ahead of the pack – the type of information I would have loved to have when I started out.
Secret #6 The key to real wealth is gratitude
Gratitude, or appreciation for the good things that happen in life, is an essential part of building happiness.
When you’re going through a tough time it can be hard to remember to be grateful for the good things, but if you just look around you’ll find there is a stack of things you should be grateful for.
- You’re living in a great country at the best time in history
- Your family and friends
- Maybe it’s the job you have, the income you have, the relationships you have
I really hope this blog has been helpful.
And if you’re the kind of person who wants to exponentially raise your game and results and your life…
And if you are really ready to make vast improvements in your prosperity, positivity, productivity, performance, lifestyle and contribution to the people of our world, there is such a valuable opportunity I’d like to share with you.
By now you would have heard about my flagship event, Wealth Retreat
I only do it once a year (and have done so since 2006.)
It’s exclusive (only around 50 attendees plus the faculty attend) – but please don’t count yourself out.
It takes place over 5 days (but it’s a long weekend so you can’t really use work as an excuse.)
I bring along an amazing faculty of investment, tax, business, finance, property, share trading, economic and psychology of success experts.
And each year I’m amazed how the delegates in the room are many of the smartest, most successful, most decent, most giving and awesome humans I’ve ever met.
Those fortunate enough to join us at Wealth Retreat leave:
- Knowing the insights, habits, techniques, hacks and ways of doing what only the top 1% of people in Australia know.
- With new friends and the deep relationships with the kind of people they always wished they knew. People who inspire them to transform and show them models of possibility they never knew existed.
- With a fire in their belly and a newfound mindset that translates into the finest investment, business, personal, social and fitness results they have ever experienced in their lives.
Like anything ultra-valuable, this annual 5 day event with me is not for everyone and isn’t inexpensive.
But every year over 20% of the delegates are return attendees ready to move up to the next level.
THE VERY GOOD NEWS:
This year my faculty includes:
- Dr. Andrew Wilson, Australia’s leading property economist.
- Tom Corley, a CPA and bestselling author and speaker who spent 5 years studying why rich keep getting richer. He’s flying out to join us from the USA and last year was one of the highlights of the event. People gave Tom a standing ovation
- Pete Wargent, economic commentator and a chartered accountant who achieved financial freedom at the age of 33.
- Ken Raiss – director of Metropole Wealth Advisory, who’ll speak on tax, structuring, risk and asset protection for serious investors
- Mark Creedon – business coach to some of Australia’s most successful entrepreneurs –including me and the team at Metropole. Last year he delivered one of the most highly prized presentations, so we’re extending his sessions and there will be special breakout sessions for business people.
- Louise Bedford – a successful share trader and educator. Her presentations was eye opening for many attendees last year
- Andrew Mirams – finance strategists
- Plus a swag of property experts
If you want to join the others who are returning or the new attendees and you still want to take advantage of the early bird pricing you can express your interest by clicking here
I know that after past attendees have found that it costs more not to be at this event and miss all the learning than to invest in their seat. many wished they had not put off their decision to join us.
So definitely trust your gut – if this feels right to you and reserve your place before it’s too late right here
I can’t wait to meet you at Wealth Retreat 2019 and hang out with you and my world-class faculty for 5 of the greatest days of your life.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.