Successful people forge habits which help automate success.
Those habits inch them closer and closer to success and because they are a slow, methodical process, success takes many years.
The source of habits comes from many places — parents, mentors, their team (habits spread like a virus throughout your social networks), books they read about other successful people, school of hard knocks, etc.
But a recurring theme among self-made millionaires is how they set themselves on the path towards habit change.
These success habits, or Rich Habits, can be sourced to something called Power Decisions.
These are decisions or choices that, in effect, set you on the path to success.
When you make a Power Decision, it is always a decision to take action on something you are passionate about:
- The Power Decision to pursue a dream.
- The Power Decision to partner with the right individual or individuals.
- The Power Decision to pursue some vocation.
- The Power Decision to forge specific skills that transform you into a Virtuoso.
- The Power Decision to start a side gig, while employed.
- The Power Decision to quit a full-time job and go into business for yourself.
- The Power Decision to change careers.
- The Power Decision to take on some major creative initiative (writing a book, creating an app, design something that could be monetized, like an online website, to blog about something that interests them, to become a speaker, coach, etc).
In the moment, Power Decisions do not necessarily appear to be life changing.
But they almost always are.
They spur you on to engage in activities that take you down rabbit holes; rabbit holes you then spend the rest of your life in.
Power Decisions are always the result of some passion that is unleashed and set free.
That passion builds through action – action fuels even more passion.
Power Decisions force you to grow, to gain knowledge, to improve your skills and to build relationships with people who help you grow and who create Opportunity Luck by opening closed doors.
And that’s where habits come in.
In order to gain knowledge, improve skills and build relationships with the right people, you must forge habits that make that growth possible on a daily basis.
Power Decisions, therefore, force habit change and help automate growth, carrying you inch by inch up the mountain of success, until you eventually become the person you need to be in order for success to visit you.
When you make a Power Decision, everything about your life changes.
Power Decisions force habit change and those habits make success possible.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of michael yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to michael yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.