Please use the menu below to navigate to any article section:
- Australians are now much happier with the Government’s handling of the crisis
- Australians are considerably less negative than a week ago about the next month
- Now a fifth of Australians agree the threat from Coronavirus is exaggerated
- Slightly fewer Australians are now afraid they or someone they know will catch the virus
- Four-fifths of Australians would sacrifice their human rights to help prevent the spread of the virus – unchanged on a week ago
- A largely unchanged majority of Australians say they are willing to be vaccinated if a new Coronavirus vaccine became publicly available
Nearly two-thirds of Australians (65%) now say Australian Government is handling COVID-19 well – up 22% in a week.
In addition, now 59% of Australians say the ‘worst is yet to come’ over the next month in regards to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic – down a significant 26% in a week according to a special Roy Morgan web survey of an Australia-wide cross-section of 987 Australians aged 18+ conducted over the weekend of April 4-5, 2020.
While previously only 38% of those in New South Wales agreed the Australian Government was handling COVID-19 well this has now increased substantially and now a majority of 59% (up 21% in a week) say the Government is handling COVID-19 well which is similar to clear majorities in other states: Queensland 70% (up 28%), Victoria 66% (up 21%), Western Australia 75% (up 22%) and South Australia 58% (up 11%).
Australians were asked a series of six questions by Roy Morgan Research to determine their views regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic sweeping the world.
Australians are now much happier with the Government’s handling of the crisis
A much increased 65% of Australians agree that the Australian Government is handling the Coronavirus well – up a large 22% in a week.
Of Australians that agree the Government is handling the Coronavirus well 21% (up 12%) strongly agree while a further 44% (up 10%) agree.
In contrast a much reduced 29% (down 20%) of Australians disagree that the Australian Government is handling the Coronavirus well.
Now just 6% (down 10%) strongly disagree the Australian Government is handling Coronavirus well and a further 23% (down 10%) disagree.
Australians are considerably less negative than a week ago about the next month
A reducing majority of 59% of Australians, down 26% on a week ago say that the ‘Worst is yet to come’ over the next month when it comes to Coronavirus compared to a third 33% (up 22%) who say the ‘Situation will remain the same’ while 8% (up 4%), say ‘Things will begin to improve’.
Analysis by Gender reveals 65% (down 23%) of Women say that the ‘Worst is yet to come’ over the next month compared to only 53% (down 29%) of men.
In comparison now well over a third of men, 37%, up 25%, say the ‘Situation will remain the same’ over the next month compared to 29% (up 19%) of women.
There are more Australians positive about the next month than a week ago. Now 10% (up 4%) of men say ‘Things will begin to improve’ over the next month compared to 6% (up 4%) of women.
A fifth of Australians now agree that the threat from Coronavirus is exaggerated – up 5% from a week ago compared to 75% (down 6%) that disagree.
Far more men 25% (up 5%) agree the threat from Coronavirus is exaggerated than women 16% (up 6%).
Slightly fewer Australians are now afraid they or someone they know will catch the virus
Just fewer three-quarters of Australians 73% (down 2%) are afraid that they or someone in their family may actually catch the Coronavirus.
A quarter of Australians 25% (down 1%) strongly agree they are afraid they or someone in their family may actually catch the Coronavirus and an additional 48% (down 1%) agree. In contrast only 4% (up 2%) strongly disagree and a further 17% (unchanged) disagree.
Four-fifths of Australians would sacrifice their human rights to help prevent the spread of the virus – unchanged on a week ago
An unchanged 80% of Australians agree they are willing to sacrifice some of their human rights if it helps prevent the spread of the Coronavirus compared to only 14% who disagree.
An increasing 84% (up 3%) of women agree they would willingly sacrifice their human rights if it helps prevent the spread of the Coronavirus compared to 75% (down 4%) of men.
A virtually unchanged majority of 87% (up 1%) of Australians say they are willing to be vaccinated for Coronavirus (COVID-19) if a new vaccine became publicly available compared to only 7% (unchanged) who disagree.
Analysis by Gender reveals slightly more men 89% (up 4%) than women 85% (down 1%) say they are willing to be vaccinated if a new Coronavirus vaccine became publicly available.
RESPONDENTS ANSWER: When thinking about the Coronavirus here in the Australia which of the following do you think is most likely to happen over the next month – ‘The Worst is yet to come’ – By States
Now is the time to take action and set yourself for the opportunities that will present themselves as the market moves on
If you’re wondering what will happen to property in 2020–2021 you are not alone.
You can trust the team at Metropole to provide you with direction, guidance and results.
In challenging times like we are currently experiencing you need an advisor who takes a holistic approach to your wealth creation and that’s what you exactly what you get from the multi award winning team at Metropole.
If you’re looking at buying your next home or investment property here’s 4 ways we can help you:
- Strategic property advice. – Allow us to build a Strategic Property Plan for you and your family. Planning is bringing the future into the present so you can do something about it now! This will give you direction, results and more certainty. Click here to learn more
- Buyer’s agency – As Australia’s most trusted buyers’ agents we’ve been involved in over $3Billion worth of transactions creating wealth for our clients and we can do the same for you. Our on the ground teams in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane bring you years of experience and perspective – that’s something money just can’t buy. We’ll help you find your next home or an investment grade property. Click here to learn how we can help you.
- Wealth Advisory – We can provide you with strategic tailored financial planning and wealth advice. Click here to learn more about we can help you.
- Property Management – Our stress free property management services help you maximise your property returns. Click here to find out why our clients enjoy a vacancy rate considerably below the market average, our tenants stay an average of 3 years and our properties lease 10 days faster than the market average.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.