You can’t fake your way to confidence.
It’s not something you can manifest by good thoughts alone.
Confidence is a byproduct of taking action that produces results which helps build confidence.
The more you achieve, the more you succeed, the more your confidence grows.
In a way, confidence is very much like a bucket.
It can be filled, but it can also be depleted.
What Fills the Confidence Bucket?
- Perfecting your skills
- Increasing your knowledge
- Making money
- Saving money
- Growing your money
- Overcoming obstacles and pitfalls
- Overcoming failure
- Navigating around potential obstacles and pitfalls
- Solving problems
- Surrounding yourself with positive, upbeat people
- Surviving unexpected, bad consequences
- Positive self-talk
- Helping others
- Achieving goals
- Having good daily habits
- Appreciating what you have
- Taking action
- Writing down your victories and successes
- Making decisions
- Stop making excuses
- Stop comparing yourself with others
- Hard work
- Being productive
What Depletes the Confidence Bucket?
- Being unproductive
- Time wasters like TV, the Internet, Facebook, etc.
- Lack of goals
- Not pursuing goals
- Making excuses
- Surrounding yourself with negative people
- Quitting on dreams, goals, problems, obstacles
- Focusing on your mistakes and failures
- Having bad daily habits
- Being selfish
- Giving into failure
- Losing money
- Negative self-talk
- Too much debt
If you lack confidence it is because your Confidence Bucket is depleted.
You need to fill it up in order to gain confidence.
When it comes to confidence you cannot “act as if”.
Building confidence requires daily effort!
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.