My parents used to say that when my Grandfather, Pop Pop Dailey, used to walk into the room, it didn’t matter who was in the room.
Pop Pop Dailey could command the entire room’s attention.
People liked him.
He was very likable.
People who are likable are magnets.
They attract others to them.
In my Rich Habits Research, I found several traits that made self-made millionaires likable.
- Also read:Latest Asking Prices State by State | Listings and asking prices steady in lead up to market hiatus
- Also read:10 BIG Benefits of setting up an SMSF or a Family SMSF
- Also read:Here’s how to avoid these 12 common reasons property investors fail to build a Multi Million Dollar Property Portfolio
- Also read:Auction clearance results December 2nd – Generally Steady Results on Another Big Day of Auctions
- Also read:Heat comes out of the housing market as values across Melbourne dip and Sydney slows | Corelogic Home Value Index
In fact, 94% stated that being likable was critical to their success in life.
- They Are Inspirational – When they talk to others, they inspire them, they lift them up.
- They Avoid Toxic Talk – They avoid saying anything negative and do not gossip. They keep their conversations upbeat.
- They Focus on Others – They ask individuals questions about their lives and avoided talking about themselves.
- They Are Knowledgeable About Current Events – They are up to speed with all the important things that are going on in the world. This makes them interesting.
- They Are Funny – They use humour to break the ice and put others at ease.
- They Are Positive and Upbeat – They have a positive, optimistic attitude.
- They Are Grateful – They talk about the good in life.
- They Are Honest – This makes them trustworthy.
- They Are Open-Minded – They are easy to talk to. They don’t force their opinions on others.
- They Don’t Lose Their Temper – They have mastered the Rich Habit of controlling their Negative Emotions.
- They Are Modest – They have mastered the Rich Habit of controlling their Ego.
- They Are Passionate About Life – When they speak, they infuse others with passion.
- They Are Physically Fit – They take care of their bodies and their health.
- Negative Nancys – They drag people down with their negative attitude.
- Toxic Talkers – They share negative gossip about others.
- They Talk Too Much About Their Personal Problems – Everyone has problems. No one wants to hear your problems.
- They Are Uninformed – They know very little about what is going on in the world. This makes them uninteresting.
- They Lack Humor – They are not funny. They lack a sense of humour.
- They Are Pessimistic – They are negative and have a pessimistic outlook on life.
- They Lack Gratitude – They talk about what they don’t have. They focus on what they lack.
- They Talk About Themselves – They focus on their own lives. They brag about themselves.
- They are Closed-Minded – They force their opinions on others.
- They Name Drop – They try to make themselves appear to be important by dropping the names of important people. This makes them seem pretentious.
- They Lack Passion
- They Seek Attention – They do things that draw attention to themselves.
- They Show Anger – They lose their temper around others. This scares others and pushes them away.
Likability is critical to success.
You cannot succeed on your own.
You need others to help you.
Being likable attacks others to you who may be able to help you.