When is the most tax-effective time to undertake a renovation?
You’ll find out as you watch this week’s Ask the Tax Expert video as Ken Raiss answers Lynda's question about when is the best time to renovate the new home that she's buying using a First Home Owner's Grant.
You see...she plans to make her home investment in the future.
- Also read:The Rental Squeeze: Exploring Australia’s Strained Housing Markets | Property Insiders [Video]
- Also read:Latest Asking Prices State by State | Listings and asking prices steady in lead up to market hiatus
- Also read:Auction clearance results December 2nd – Generally Steady Results on Another Big Day of Auctions
- Also read:Heat comes out of the housing market as values across Melbourne dip and Sydney slows | Corelogic Home Value Index
- Also read:Home Price Growth Still Strong Over November | Latest Housing Market Stats
Ken explains a great way of increasing your depreciation claims using a "split depreciation" schedule.
Michael Yardney and Ken also discuss some of the depreciation changes in the budget and the importance of timing renovations to enable you to claim depreciation tax benefits.
Ken also explains the concept of the "low-value pool".
ALSO READ: Ask the Tax Expert - How can I avoid paying Capital Gains Tax?