Why are some people more negative than others?
You know what I mean?
Well Lifehack explains that emotions can become habits if they are continuously repeated.
As such, negative emotions can become something that infiltrates your everyday life.
If you find you’re constantly down on the world or yourself; or you get annoyed easily; or anger is your natural response to many things – you may be a slave to negative emotions.
Here’s 9 things you can do to free yourself from negative emotions:
1. Stop Justifying
Firstly, you need to stop justifying getting angry and upset over everything.
Stop thinking that you’re entitled to be so negative, because you’re not.
The only person responsible for this is you.
If you stop justifying your negativity to yourself you won’t have a reason to be angry, and more people will actually enjoy being around you.
2. Stop Making Excuses
You need to stop making excuses for both yourself and others.
Perhaps you rationalize your own actions and why it’s okay for you to verbalize your anger.
Or maybe you create explanations as to why other people deserve your anger.
Either way, you’re trying to invent a socially acceptable explanation for your behavior.
The only problem is that it probably isn’t acceptable and all it’s doing is keeping your negative emotions alive and making you miserable in the meantime.
3. Start Taking Responsibility
Now that you’ve stopped making excuses, it’s time to take some responsibility for yourself and your actions.
As soon as you do this, you will start depriving your negative emotions of the power they hold over you.
4. Rise Above Other People’s Opinions
Don’t let anyone but yourself define your self image and self worth.
You need to stop giving them so much power.
This is important, but if you define yourself through others, you are far more likely to be miserable.
This is because as soon as you hear anything negative, you’re likely to react with anger and embarrassment.
All of the negativity and hurt actually comes from you.
You need to stop worrying so much about what other people think .
You’ll be much happier for it.
5. Quit Your Negative Habits and Avoid Bad Influences
Some habits and people purely and simply bring you down.
It may difficult to do, but you need to remove these things from your life.
Don’t hang around people who are negative all of the time.
Instead, surround yourself with happy and positive people who take joy in life.
You’d be surprised how easily their attitudes can rub off on you.
6. Think Before You Respond
Calm yourself down.
These are some of the questions that you need to start asking yourself before you react negatively to something.
You may just find that you’re grateful that you thought about it before acting.
7. Be Grateful
Instead of constantly obsessing over how bad your life is, start being grateful.
What are the things or people you have in your life that you can be thankful for?
Start defining your life by the good, as opposed to the bad.
Get into this habit by thinking of at least one thing everyday that you’re grateful for.
8. Remove “I Can’t” From Your Vocabulary
This is simple.
Saying “I can’t” to things, including letting go of negative emotions, will make it a self-fulfilling prophecy.
You can’t because you say you can’t.
Stop placing limitations on yourself and give yourself some credit.
You can if you say you can.
9. Just Let Go
Most importantly, you need to try and let go of your negative emotions.
Holding onto them and subsequently applying them to every little thing that goes wrong isn’t healthy.
In fact, it’s dangerous.
A great deal of negative people don’t know how to feel much else and aren’t satisfied unless they have something to whine about.
Ironically, they’re not happy unless they’re unhappy and actually go looking for conflict.
Do you really want to be that person?
If nothing else, it sounds exhausting.
Let it go, people. Just let it go.
Read more at Lifehack.
Now is the time to take action and set yourself for the opportunities that will present themselves as the market moves on
If you’re wondering what will happen to property in 2020–2021 you are not alone.
You can trust the team at Metropole to provide you with direction, guidance and results.
In challenging times like we are currently experiencing you need an advisor who takes a holistic approach to your wealth creation and that’s what you exactly what you get from the multi award winning team at Metropole.
If you’re looking at buying your next home or investment property here’s 4 ways we can help you:
- Strategic property advice. – Allow us to build a Strategic Property Plan for you and your family. Planning is bringing the future into the present so you can do something about it now! This will give you direction, results and more certainty. Click here to learn more
- Buyer’s agency – As Australia’s most trusted buyers’ agents we’ve been involved in over $3Billion worth of transactions creating wealth for our clients and we can do the same for you. Our on the ground teams in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane bring you years of experience and perspective – that’s something money just can’t buy. We’ll help you find your next home or an investment grade property. Click here to learn how we can help you.
- Wealth Advisory – We can provide you with strategic tailored financial planning and wealth advice. Click here to learn more about we can help you.
- Property Management – Our stress free property management services help you maximise your property returns. Click here to find out why our clients enjoy a vacancy rate considerably below the market average, our tenants stay an average of 3 years and our properties lease 10 days faster than the market average.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.