Ever wonder where the Rich learned their Rich Habits?
In Tom Corley’s 5 year Rich Habits research he uncovered one overriding fact: Parents are responsible for poverty, the wealth gap and income inequality.
Not Wall Street, not the economy, not the 1%, not government policies, not your life’s circumstances – Parents!
Watch as we chat and learn more:
Some data from Tom’s study:
- Super Parents make their kids read every day for self-education. Thirty minutes or more of self-education reading was the minimum.
- Super Parents enroll their kids in mentoring groups such as: The Boys or Girls Club, Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts, Big Brother or Big Sister.
- Super Parents withhold 50% or more of any money their children receive and put this money into savings.
- Super Parents review their kids homework. They become their child’s Accountability Partner.
- Super Parents limit the consumption of T.V., use of Internet and video game playtime to one hour or less every day.
- Super Parents make their kids exercise aerobically for 30 minutes, four days a week.
- Super Parents punish their kids for losing their temper.
- Super Parents punish their kids for saying inappropriate things.
- Super Parents attend every Parent-Teacher conference.
- Super Parents instill in their children individual responsibility for their life circumstances. Excuses or blaming others for life’s circumstances were not allowed.
- Super Parents instill in their kids a positive mental outlook. They embrace the American Dream, positivity and embolden their kids with a sense that life has unlimited opportunity, irrespective of current circumstances. Consequently, their kids are positive, optimistic and enthusiastic about life.
- Super Parents teach their kids the importance of goal-setting, creating a vision for their life and pursing their dreams.
- Super Parents teach their kids that they create their own good luck in life.
- Super Parents continuously expose their kids to different activities in order to help them uncover hidden talents and passions.
- Super Parents are loving, caring mentors to their children. They provide a foundation for success that gives their kids a head start in life. Consequently, their kids enter the adult world with confidence and an optimistic mindset, both of which are critical to success
SUBSCRIBE & DON'T MISS A SINGLE EPISODE OF MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
NEED HELP LISTENING TO MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST FROM YOUR PHONE OR TABLET?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
PREFER TO SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.