If you’re going to have any beliefs at all believe in luck.
One of the fascinating things Tom Corley discovered in his five-year Rich Habits study was the fact that every self-made millionaires, at some point, got lucky.
- 84% attributed their good luck to their daily habits
- 87% said they were lucky
- 92% said they created their own luck
The rich do not believe random good luck plays a role in wealth creation.
They believe, however, that you create your own luck.
- Also read:What makes an A-grade property?
- Also read:Auction clearance results December 9th – Clearance Rates Generally Ease as Auction Year Fades
- Also read:The Top 50 Most Visited Websites in the World
- Also read:The Rental Squeeze: Exploring Australia’s Strained Housing Markets | Property Insiders [Video]
- Also read:Latest Asking Prices State by State | Listings and asking prices steady in lead up to market hiatus
- Pursuing a dream. Luck visits dreamers who act on their dreams.
- Forging habits around your dreams. Good habits are like snowflakes on a mountainside. You don’t notice the accumulation until there is an avalanche. Good habits create an avalanche of good luck.
- Building relationships with the right people – success-minded people who can open doors for you through their relationships. Good luck likes to associate with positive-minded people.
- Learning new things opens your eyes to opportunities. Opportunity is the home good luck
- Taking calculated risks. Calculated risk is a type of risk that requires you to do your homework. Good luck finds the prepared.
- Finding a mentor. Mentors open up doors for you and steer you down the right paths in life. Good luck will find you if you are on the right path.
- Being a mentor. Mentees eventually become experts themselves. Like mentors, your mentees can open up doors for you. Good luck is often found behind closed doors.
- Staying upbeat and positive. Negativity shuts down part of your prefrontal cortex and effectively blinds you to opportunities. Good luck always finds the optimist.
- Staying focused allows you to accomplish and learn things quitters never accomplish or learn. Good luck always finds the most focused individuals.
- Persistence. Devoting yourself to one thing for many years forces you to become expert in that one thing. Good luck always finds the persistent.