The HIA recently released their Windows on Housing report which highlights some interesting property related numbers.
Here’s a few:
- After inflation, capital city houses increased by 7% over the past 12 months, 13% in the past five years, and 27% over the decade. (RP data)
- Stamp duty on a median-priced dwelling is $24,100 in Victoria, or 5.0% of the purchase price and $19,200 in NSW, which is 3.6% of the price. (HIA analysis of state revenue office data)
- Number of homes built in Australia last year 167,947
- Number of people in new homes each year 434,788
- Total value of housing construction ($ billion) 69.9
- People employed in housing & construction 1,037,412
More facts and stats:
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.