Many investors I know got started by reading one of Robert Kiyosaki’s books.
I know I learned a lot from him.
While his property investment concepts don’t necessarily translate well to Australia, there are many other financial lessons I learned from him years ago.
I also enjoy reading Kiyosaki’s quotes.
Here are some of my favourites:
1. Losers are people who are afraid of losing.
2. If you are the kind of person who is waiting for the ‘right’ thing to happen, you might wait for a long time. It’s like waiting for all the traffic lights to be green for five miles before starting the trip.
3. People think that working hard for money and then buying things that make them look rich will make them rich. In most cases it doesn’t. It only makes them more tired. They call it ‘Keeping up with the Joneses.’ And if you notice, the Joneses are exhausted.”
5. Jobs are a centuries-old concept created during the Industrial Revolution. Despite the reality that we’re now deep in the Information Age, many people are studying for, or working at, or clinging to the Industrial Age idea of a safe, secure job.
6. The only difference between a rich person and a poor person is what they do in their spare time.
7. The poor and middle class work for money. The rich have money work for them. The rich buy or create assets that work for them so they don’t have to.
9. You need to understand the difference between an asset and a liability. An asset puts money in your pocket and a liability takes money from your pocket. The rich understand the difference and buy assets, not liabilities.
10. The rich focus on their asset columns while the poor and middle class focus on their income columns.
11. Often, in the real world, it’s not the smart that get ahead but the bold.
13. Most people never get wealthy simply because they are not trained financially to recognize opportunities right in front of them. The rich have learned to recognize opportunities as well as how to create them.
14. There are three very important money skills that everyone should possess: how to earn money, how to manage it and how to invest it.
15. Financial freedom is available to those who learn about it and work for it.
17. Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow.
18. The only difference between a rich person and poor person is how they use their time. The poor, the unsuccessful, the unhappy, the unhealthy are the ones who use the word tomorrow the most.We go to school to learn to work hard for money. I write books and create products that teach people how to have money work hard for them.
19. The richest people in the world look for and build networks; everyone else looks for work.
20. The environmentalists say capitalism is killing our oceans, air, land, and forests. Capitalists argue that they provide food, fuel, and building materials for a growing world.
21. When I was young, people lived from pay cheque to pay cheque. Today, it seems like they live from credit card payment to credit card payment.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of michael yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to michael yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.