If you’re like me you keep up with the world, the news and your friends on Facebook.
Initially I wasn’t going to get involved in another social media channel “Why would I need it?” I thought.
But like billions of others around the world, I got hooked and now I connect with over 8,000 people on Facebook
MotleyFool recently ran an article citing 100 Fascinating Facts about Facebook.
Here are 16 of my favourites:
- Facebook has 1.71 billion monthly users.
- There are about 3 billion internet users worldwide.
- Facebook has penetrated so much of the existing market of internet users that it’s trying to figure out how to make more internet users.
- The fastest-growing market for internet users is India.
- India’s internet population grew about 40% last year, and it’s accelerating.
- Zuckerberg says the average Facebook user spend 50 minutes per day between Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger.
- That’s up 25% from two years ago.
- Facebook users watched more than 8 billion videos on its platform per day during the third quarter last year.
- Facebook’s free cash flow over the past 12 months was $7.6 billion.
- Its cash reserve reached $23.3 billion last quarter.
- Mark Zuckerberg’s net worth is about $55.4 billion.
- That makes him the the fifth wealthiest person in the world, behind Microsoft’s Bill Gates, Zara’s Amancio Ortega, Berkshire Hathaway‘s Warren Buffett, and Amazon.com‘s Jeff Bezos.
- Zuckerberg is just 32 years old
- Bill Gates’ net worth reached $100 billion in 1999, when he was 43.
- He’s now worth “just” $79.5 billion at 60 years old.
- Both Zuckerberg and Gates have pledged to donate the vast majority of their wealth to charity.
You can connect with me on Facebook here
Read more at MotleyFool – 100 Fascinating Facts about Facebook.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.