Many people pursue success but very few actually realize success.
By success, I mean becoming rich by starting a business, either on the side or full-time.
Although the Internet has made starting a business easier, success still is hard.
The Internet has not taken the hard out of success.
Those who succeed have what it takes to become successful.
Those who fail, don’t.
So, how do you know if you’re good enough to succeed?
Well, you need to ask yourself a few questions:
- Do I have the skills and knowledge that I need in order to succeed? Every business requires specific knowledge and skills.
- Am I persistent enough to succeed? Those who succeed simply never quit.
- Do I have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and learning? Successful people are perpetually reading to learn every day. They are voracious readers. They also listen to podcasts and audio books.
- Am I a Cautious Risk Taker or a Reckless Risk Taker? Cautious risk takers do their homework, only take on risks they have the skills and knowledge for, ask questions, seek feedback from experts and pilot new ideas and initiatives before turning them into a business.
- Am I single-minded in my focus? Successful people are pursuing something they are fanatically passionate about. As a result, they are think about their business 24/7. It’s on their mind even when they are on a holiday or vacation. They never stop thinking about their business.
- Do I have success habits? Successful people forge habits that help them succeed. Here’s a list.
- Do I have an inner circle of trusted individuals who I can lean on for honest feedback? Successful people have advisors, experts, mentors, family, friends and a team they can ask questions and get feedback from.
- Do I have a positive mental attitude? One of the common traits among all self-made individuals is their unbridled optimism and positive attitude.
SUBSCRIBE & DON'T MISS A SINGLE EPISODE OF MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
PREFER TO SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.