Stress – we all have it at times
I’ve read the average person has 70,000 thoughts per day.
But sometimes our brain runs wild – doesn’t it?
And this cuases stress.
Sometimes it’s acute or short term stress due to recent or anticipated demands and pressures.
And some suffer from chronic long term stress.
One of my regular readers Jenny found the following infographic about meditation as a method of relieving anxiety interesting and suggested I share it.
• Meditation exercises the mind in the same way we exercise our body–an active form of brain training.
• It infuses thoughts with greater positivity, love, calm and joy.
• Maintains balance between the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system.
Types of Stress:
Physiology of Stress:
1. Stressful event occurs
2. Panic and / or tension ensues
3. Increase in hormones such as cortisol, adrenaline, and epinephrine
4. Increased blood pressure
5. Energy diverted from immune, digestive, and reproductive systems
Stress Related Ailments:
• Cardiovascular issues
• weight gain
• lack of motivation
• weakened immune system
Benefits of Meditation:
Reduction in Test Groups Systolic and Diastolic Blood Pressure
• Medical Students: Systolic -8 MM HG ; Diastolic -7 MM HG
• Coronary Heart Disease Patients: Systolic -5.4 MM HG; Diastolic -4 MM HG
• Elderly Retirement Home Residents: Systolic -8 MM HG; Diastolic -7 MM HG
• Adults with Hypertension: Systolic -4 MM HG; Diastolic -2.2 MM HG
Ability to Reduce Symptoms of Depression, Anxiety and Pain
• Effect of Meditation: 0.3
• Effect of Antidepressants: 0.3
SUBSCRIBE & DON'T MISS A SINGLE EPISODE OF MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
NEED HELP LISTENING TO MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST FROM YOUR PHONE OR TABLET?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
PREFER TO SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.