Can you remember a more uncertain time over the last decade?
I know I can’t.
As every day goes by there are further updates and announcements for the Covid-19 virus and rarely is it good news.
Sure, the time will pass, but the truth is nobody knows how long we will be in this holding pattern for!
It’s enough to leave your head and certainly your mind spinning!
Here are 3 ways in which you can create some certainty over this time and along with it some timely quotes that may get you focused.
Here are my thoughts;
Do you have a burning desire to achieve a certain goal?
Is it all you think about, does it consume you?
If not, you should develop or create one.
Only when your goal or focus outweighs your current circumstance, will you be able to create some direction and certainty.
In a past life in Health and Fitness, my clients with the biggest results were often soon-to-be brides.
They knew their big day was coming and they would do everything and anything within their power to look amazing for their big day.
It consumed them, left them awake at night and they would leave no stone unturned.
This is what I mean buy a Burning Desire!
One of the best analogies I have heard in recent days is that the current situation we find ourselves in can be likened to a bridge.
We are now on one side and we will get to the other, we just don’t know how long that bridge is.
Just keep moving forward.
If you have a dream, a passion or a burning desire, now is the time to keep moving forward not to pause or freeze.
Otherwise you stop moving toward your goal and it takes longer to get there.
- Also read:What makes an A-grade property?
- Also read:Latest Asking Prices State by State | Listings and asking prices steady in lead up to market hiatus
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2024 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
- Also read:Here’s how to avoid these 12 common reasons property investors fail to build a Multi Million Dollar Property Portfolio
- Also read:Heat comes out of the housing market as values across Melbourne dip and Sydney slows | Corelogic Home Value Index
Understand this is temporary and make the time to keep your focus on your goal and find ways to keep moving toward it.
If you are in a strong enough position, take action buy seeking out opportunity.
This can be done mentally as well as physically.
Set up daily reminders.
I know I like to use pictures on the walls of my office that I see every day.
My past clients use to see their wedding dress on the rack everyday they got changed for work.
Everyday they wake up, it is front and centre and boom… they are focussed, they have purpose and direction.
Train your brain to focus on what it is you are striving to achieve, rather than getting lost in the detail and decline of the daily news cycles
If you have some sort of plan or steps you need to achieve, it can be beneficial to write them down or tick them off as you go.
It can be a real confidence boost when seeing just how far you have come, even in the hardest of times.
There is a huge amount of uncertainty around at the moment and it can be quite unnerving.
Take control of the situation though and create your own certainty.
Develop a goal and have a burning desire to achieve it, don’t let anything stand in your way.
Build a bridge and keep moving toward the other side, don’t freeze or pause, but keep moving forward.
It is important to put step sin place and remind yourself daily of the bigger picture instead of getting lost in the minor details.
If you're wondering what will happen to property in 2020–2021 you are not alone.
You can trust the team at Metropole to provide you with direction, guidance and results.
In challenging times like we are currently experiencing you need an advisor who takes a holistic approach to your wealth creation and that's what you exactly what you get from the multi award winning team at Metropole.
If you're looking at buying your next home or investment property here's 4 ways we can help you:
- Strategic property advice. - Allow us to build a Strategic Property Plan for you and your family. Planning is bringing the future into the present so you can do something about it now! This will give you direction, results and more certainty. Click here to learn more
- Buyer's agency - As Australia's most trusted buyers’ agents we've been involved in over $3Billion worth of transactions creating wealth for our clients and we can do the same for you. Our on the ground teams in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane bring you years of experience and perspective - that's something money just can't buy. We'll help you find your next home or an investment grade property. Click here to learn how we can help you.
- Wealth Advisory - We can provide you with strategic tailored financial planning and wealth advice. Click here to learn more about we can help you.
- Property Management - Our stress free property management services help you maximise your property returns. Click here to find out why our clients enjoy a vacancy rate considerably below the market average, our tenants stay an average of 3 years and our properties lease 10 days faster than the market average.