A new season means a new look for the home, especially your bedroom.
But instead of just the usual clearing of the closet, why not create a sense of harmony in the Feng Shui way?
There's no need to invest in an expensive consultant to style your room, let us guide you with a simple method involving new sheets, scented candles, and art.
It's this easy:
1. First things first – clutter.
The most amazing and cleansing thing you can you in your room is de-clutter to create space and harmony.
According to Japanese organizer Marie Kondo, author of ‘The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up’- “By doing this, you can reset your life and embark on a new lifestyle”.
2. Choose the right bed and placement.
According to the Feng Shui principles, the placement of the bed is crucial, as it reflects your wealth, health, and love life.
Your bed should be placed at the furthest point of the room, facing the door but not in line with it.
It should also be a good height to allow energy to pass under, choose a natural material, like wood, with a sturdy headboard for support.
3. Invest in your bed linen.
Bed linen of pure material, like cotton or linen, creates an ambience of its own.
Whilst they can be an investment, they also bring tranquillity during the most important time – when you are sleeping.
4. The colour palette of your bedroom should reflect a neutral soft palette.
Feng shui specialists recommend warm earth and skin tones such as cream, peach and tan, as well as light blue and gray as they create a welcoming and peaceful atmosphere.
5. Create balance and symmetry by accessorizing in pairs.
- Also read:What makes an A-grade property?
- Also read:Auction clearance results December 9th – Clearance Rates Generally Ease as Auction Year Fades
- Also read:The Top 50 Most Visited Websites in the World
- Also read:The Rental Squeeze: Exploring Australia’s Strained Housing Markets | Property Insiders [Video]
- Also read:Latest Asking Prices State by State | Listings and asking prices steady in lead up to market hiatus
Decorate in pairs, and use identical bedside tables and lamps to create symmetry and balance.
6. Use scented candles.
Scented candles are known in Feng Shui as the ideal bedroom lighting.
They clear energy and also create a very warm and healing atmosphere
7. Replace technology with beautiful artwork.
It is essential in Feng Shui to remove any technology, such as a television, a computer, or a phone, as they give off a lot of energy and create stress.
Instead having your favourite artist hanging on the wall and your favourite books by your bedside enhances the feeling of relaxation.
8. Mirrors should be used carefully or avoided altogether.
Bedroom mirrors are considered bad Feng Shui.
Mirrors reflect and bounce energy, which can keep you awake and restless.
If you must have a mirror in the bedroom, think about placing it behind closet doors.
9. Try a bedside rug If the floor is bare.
Use a bedside rug to absorb energy before you get into bed, have one on each side of the bed if two people sleep there.
10. Just like the clutter mentioned at the start of this list - dirty laundry should be moved out of sight.
Don’t let your dirty laundry pile in your bedroom, try minimizing the impact of dirty laundry by keeping it in a lovely basket or hamper, preferably with a lid.