There are only two types of people - those who outlive their money and those who don't.
Of course, everyone wants to be in the latter group, but most Australians don’t fall into that category.
I found that you need to do the hard things now so that you have an easier life later, however, most people do the easy things now and have a hard life later.
They don’t learn to delay gratification, spend less than they earn, save invest and keep re-investing till they have a substantial asset base.
The longer your time frame between now and when you want to leave the rat race, the easier it's going to be for you to build a substantial asset base to provide retirement income you can’t outlive.
For many the problem is that this is too far out in the future and it’s too hard to have the financial discipline to save and invest – there are too many reasons to spend money today.
Your "wealth window" is the period of your life during which you can convert your human capital (income) into invested capital.
As you progress through life this "wealth window" is constantly getting shorter and shorter, one paycheque and one month at a time.
Humans are good at a lot of things, but putting time in perspective is not one of them.
Your Life in Weeks graphically shows how quickly time flies. This is a portion of their great blog:
This is a long human life in years:
And here’s human life in months:
And here you can see human life in weeks:
In the graphic above each row of weeks makes up one year.
So it shows how many weeks it takes to turn a newborn into a 90-year-old.
I guess when you look at the last graphic, it seems like you have countless weeks and there’s no rush to start building your investment portfolio.
Unfortunately, that’s not true – and take it from somebody who has lived over 3,600 weeks - these weeks zoom past quickly.
How are you using them?
Are you taking advantage of them?
To help give you some perspective, I’ll share one more chart from Wait But Why which shows how a typical American spends their weeks:
Looking at the charts above, how many chances have you missed to do something you love?
What happened over Covid?
How much did you miss out on?
Have you caught up?
- Also read:Predicted House Prices for Australia in 2030
- Also read:This week’s Australian Property Market Update – Latest Data, State by State February 27th 2024
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2024 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
- Also read:5 ways I’m going to ensure my property investments outperform this property cycle
- Also read:Melbourne property market forecast for 2024
One of the things that I value is relationships, with family and friends.
While the weeks of our lives may be numbered, the time we have for our close relationships can be greatly extended through attention and care.
How many more summer holidays will you have with your children?
How many more Christmases will you spend with your parents?
What are you going to do now that you think about it that way?
Small changes like this can dramatically expand the calendar.
At my annual Wealth Retreat, I give you the blueprint that I have used for successfully building a multi-million dollar property portfolio.
This is a training event - there is nothing to sell in the back of the room - no expensive courses and definitely no properties for sale.
We'll be holding Wealth Retreat 2024 on the Gold Coast on April 27th to May 1st.
Click here now and get all the details, express your interest in joining us and we'll be in contact with you to have a qualification interview with me.
If you are serious about finding your passion, and...
If you want to learn how to grow your lifetime wealth, you must join us at Wealth Retreat 2024.
The high-level topics we discuss won’t be found in books or blogs or on podcasts.
This year’s broadened curriculum will include the little-known (and rarely talked about) success philosophies, beliefs, thinking and behaviours as well as the advanced investment, finance, share market, business, structuring and tax strategies that allow multi-millionaire investors to attract maximum wealth!
You will have the opportunity to network with a group of like minded investors, businesspeople and entrepreneurs while discovering how to build a true property investment business.
Wealth Retreat will cover the 5 areas that help create true wealth.
- Knowledge - we will be sharing "high end" wealth creation, business and tax strategies. We have Australia’s leading faculty of property, tax, finance, superannuation and legal experts.
- Systems - we obviously believe in property as the best system for creating wealth and we will discuss advanced property strategies such as property development. Plus we will show you advanced wealth creation and business growth systems.
- Mindset - this part is critical and probably the one where attendees can get the most leverage. In previous years we expanded the delegates Wealth Operating Systems (the way they think) so that they were receptive to a whole raft of new concepts - and judging by the results - it worked.
- The right network of people - we will be a big mastermind group. Some great joint ventures were formed at Wealth Retreat last year. In business it’s not what you know. In fact, it's not even who you know, it's often who you know knows. This is not a typo! Wouldn't you like to have access to the names in my Outlook contact list?
- Contribution - one of the true benefits of wealth is being able to contribute to our community and the world in general.
So in summary...
This 5 day retreat will be for successful business people, entrepreneurs and investors, who want to get to the next level, form a large mastermind group and learn high end wealth creation, tax strategies and business concepts from highly successful and credible presenters.
It’s for people who want to build a true property investment business.
The numbers are genuinely limited- we keep the numbers small on purpose.
All prospective attendees are interviewed to ensure they can benefit from attending and to make sure we selecting the right people to be part of our mastermind network, especially as we hope to facilitate some joint ventures or partnerships with a few of the attendees as we did in the past.
Remember the event is 5 days in the presence of some of the sharpest minds in wealth creation in Australia today including top tax accountant, business experts and solicitors.
It also includes networking with the best mastermind group we can put together in Australia - this will be one of the most important elements of this event. Just imagine the networking possibilities.
Don't count yourself out!
Click here and express your interest and I'll speak with you personally and I'll explain my personal guarantee.
So put me to the test. There is next to no risk on your part - except what you think is missing if you don’t attend!