There are a number of definitions of wealth.
True wealth is not how many properties you own or how much money you have, but what you are left with when they take all your money away — your health, your family, your friends, your spirituality, and your contribution to society.
Yet another definition of wealth is your time freedom.
The difference between being wealthy and being rich
Here’s the thing: Being rich doesn’t mean that you’re wealthy.
In fact, according to Robert Kiyosaki, the rich may have a lot of money but they generally have to work hard to earn it and many spend most of it, too.
The wealthy, on the other hand, have enough money without working to cover all of their expenses.
Usually they have worked hard to get to that point through business ventures or property investment success.
The difference is they don’t worry about money, whereas the rich do because they generally spend most of what they earn and don’t quarantine enough of their cash flow to invest in income-producing assets.
Kiyosaki believes that the definition of wealth is how long you can financially survive without physically working and still maintaining your standard of living.
Let’s say your monthly expenses are $7,000 and you have $30,000 in savings – your wealth is therefore about 4.2 months or about 128 days.
So, wealth is measured in time, not dollars.
How do you become wealthy?
At the end of the day, lots of people can become rich.
They are smart and have professional jobs, but they also don’t have the financial literacy to make their money work harder for them.
Every time they get a pay rise or a promotion, instead of investing their windfall in assets, they buy a new car or a bigger house.
Before they know it, their expenses have risen up to meet their new incomes – which will likely continue to happen throughout their working lives.
The wealthy do the opposite.
- Also read:8 ways into the property market with a small deposit
- Also read:10 most expensive suburbs in Melbourne
- Also read:10 most expensive suburbs in Sydney
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2022 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
- Also read:The Prime Minister is betting the house on new incentives | Property Insiders [Video]
They ensure they are always investing a proportion of their income in some way – whether it’s in real estate or shares.
They have also done the required research, or gathered a team of professionals around them, to ensure that their investments are the very best ones for their financial goals of one day becoming one of the wealthy.
They also don’t want to spend their lives chasing their tails because their income disappears as fast as they earn it.
They’d rather that their money works for them than the other way around.
The bottom line…
If you thing about it...the rich are really poor because all they have is money.
On the other hand the wealthy have a lot more than just money.
having said that...any problem money can solve isn't really a problem, so why not set yourself up for more of it?
However, only a small percentage of Australians ever become self-funded retirees because they are the few who had the financial intelligence to invest wisely during their working lives.
The rest have likely spent the income from their peak earning years on the latest mod cons, exotic overseas holidays, and flash cars because they don’t know the difference between being rich and being wealthy.
And nowhere is that more apparent than when they’re approaching their twilight years and they realise that they have very little show for the millions of dollars they made during your lifetimes.
Now is the time to take action and set yourself for to become BOTH wealthy and rich
If you're wondering what will happen to property in 2020–2021 you are not alone.
You can trust the team at Metropole to provide you with direction, guidance and results.
In challenging times like we are currently experiencing you need an advisor who takes a holistic approach to your wealth creation and that's what you exactly what you get from the multi award winning team at Metropole.
If you're looking at buying your next home or investment property here's 4 ways we can help you:
- Strategic property advice. - Allow us to build a Strategic Property Plan for you and your family. Planning is bringing the future into the present so you can do something about it now! This will give you direction, results and more certainty. Click here to learn more
- Buyer's agency - As Australia's most trusted buyers’ agents we've been involved in over $3Billion worth of transactions creating wealth for our clients and we can do the same for you. Our on the ground teams in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane bring you years of experience and perspective - that's something money just can't buy. We'll help you find your next home or an investment grade property. Click here to learn how we can help you.
- Wealth Advisory - We can provide you with strategic tailored financial planning and wealth advice. Click here to learn more about we can help you.
- Property Management - Our stress free property management services help you maximise your property returns. Click here to find out why our clients enjoy a vacancy rate considerably below the market average, our tenants stay an average of 3 years and our properties lease 10 days faster than the market average.