How important is owning your investments in the correct ownership structure?
It’s vitally important.
So what’s the best ownership structure?
Well…that depends as you’ll find out in this video interview I did with Ken Raiss.
In particular, we discuss the 5 most common mistakes Ken has seen investors make when choosing their ownership structures:
WATCH AS KEN RAISS AND I DISCUSS:
- How to use the tax legislation to your best advantage.
- The importance of starting with the end in mind.
- How owning properties in joint names with your spouse could reduce your borrowing capacity and cost you more.
- Why buying in your own name may be wrong when a “trust” may be more appropriate.
- Using the wrong trust to buy your property and missing out significant benefits.
- Not linking your debt structure with ownership (ie purpose of the loan) and therefore getting your interest deductions denied.
- Purchasing your property in multiple names instead of one name, which effectively reduces your land tax threshold.
HOW CAN THIS APPLY TO YOU?
If you’d like to know more about how to grow, protect and pass on your assets, why not have a strategic discussion with Ken Raiss about your individual needs and let him formulate a Strategic Wealth Plan for you, your family or your business.
Just click here and find out more about Metropole Wealth Advisory’s range of services and book a time for your strategic consultation.
Or just click here and leave your details and we’ll be in contact to explain more.
We offer you guidance and support that contribute to seamlessly combining the essential financial areas of your life.
Whether you are a business owner, a professional or a high-income earner we provide you with an individually tailored solution integrating the core disciplines of taxation, superannuation and property investment interwoven with finance, asset protection, succession and estate planning, personal risk insurances and philanthropy.
Please click here to organise a time for a chat. Or call us on 1300 20 30 30.
Disclaimer: The article is general information only and is intended as educational material. Metropole Wealth Advisory nor its associated or related entitles, directors, officers or employees intend this material to be advice either actual or implied. You should not act on any of the above without first seeking specific advice taking into account your circumstances and objectives.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of michael yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to michael yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.