Want to live longer?
That's one of the reasons many of us eat healthier, go to the gym or quit smoking
But if you want to live a happy, healthy, long life, it turns out their is an incredible amount of scientific evidence points to one simple answer:
- Also read:Boom to bust: What makes property prices rise and fall
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2024 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
- Also read:Sydney property market forecast for 2024
- Also read:This week’s Australian Property Market Update – Latest Data, State by State November 28th, 2023
- Also read:The Boom and Bust of our Property Cycles: A Journey Through the Investor’s Mind
In her book The Village Effect: How Face-to-Face Contact Can Make Us Healthier and Happier, author Susan Pinker gives her formula for a happy, healthy, long life:
- Relationships = health: These are 3 times as powerful as exercise.
- Online relationships don’t count: No surprises here - you can have tons of online friends and still feel lonely .
- Be part of a community: You'll thrive when you're part of a group of like-minded people who care.
- Work relationships matter: These also count .
Now stop staring at your smartphone screen and go hug a friend.