When we think of entrepreneurs we often think of trailblazers forging ahead on their own, someone who’s doing something different or creating something new.
While it’s true that in order to achieve financial freedom, you’ll have to rely on your own wits and talents, it’s also true that no one succeeds on their own.
If you’re going to do something difficult, something that most people would quit when things get tough, then it makes sense to seek out others who’ve been there before you.
Otherwise it’s going to be a very long and lonely journey.
Here are some of the best reasons to find a mentor:
1. THEY HAVE BEEN THERE, DONE THAT
There will be times when you feel that you’re on your own or that the problems you’re facing are unique to you.
That’s when a mentor is extremely handy.
They have been there before and they know exactly what it feels like to lose their footing.
They know what to say and when to be tough and when to offer compassion.
This is invaluable when you stumble and feel like giving up.
2. THEY CAN OFFER ADVICE
Many entrepreneurs and risk takers often think they have all the answers.
That’s largely because they’re so self-reliant and confident, and they know that very few people work as hard as they do to get the job done.
But entrepreneurs need to learn when it’s OK to ask for advice.
Even the most talented people don’t know everything, which is where a mentor comes in.
They can provide hard-won experience and wisdom.
The kind of knowledge people take short courses and pay good money to access.
Mentors can provide you with the benefit of their hindsight and prevent you from making the same mistakes they did.
3. THEY CAN OPEN DOORS
A mentor can also introduce you to new people who could radically change the course of your career.
So much of success on life is based on being at the right place at the right time and talking to the right person.
In life it’s not who you know, but who who you know knows. (And I’m not stuttering)
You see…there’s only so much we can control, but exposing yourself to the inner circles of the well-connected increases your chances of this happening.
And you never know where an encounter at an event will lead…
4. THEY CAN MAKE YOU A BETTER PERSON
Yep, that’s right.
A mentor, a good one, will challenge you.
They’ll bring out the best in you by making you look at your decisions, the way you’re approaching your career and how you face failure.
They’ll force you to reach into untapped reservoirs of resilience and forge forward.
They’ll expand your mind with their knowledge, and lead by example.
In this way, a good mentor is life-changing.
Don’t think I’m overstating it because it’s true.
A truly great mentor is character building.
So you may be wondering how to find a good mentor?
Take a look around your networks and ask yourself who it is you admire.
Is there someone who seems to command a lot of respect?
Look for someone who is always professional, doesn’t gossip about colleagues behind their back, and has integrity.
Experience helps, too.
Because the truth is: you can’t do it on your own.
You have to find people to help you on your path in life, and this can be a great thing not only for your career, but for your social life as well.
After all, great friends are made in the trenches.
Are you looking for a Mentor?
Well…for the last 12 years I have personally mentored a select group of successful investors, business people and entrepreneurs and taught them… The Science of Getting Wealthy.
This is a program for investors who want to know what’s behind growing a multi-million dollar property portfolio from someone who’s done it and educated more successful Australian property investors than anyone else.
This program is for you if…
- You want more freedom and choices in your life
- You’re tired of working harder and working longer and want to build a property investment business that works for you
- You are involved in property and want to take it up a notch and shorten the learning curve to becoming a successful investor
Click here now and learn about Australia’s longest running Mentorship Program that focusses on YOU – its not about selling properties.
Now is the time to take action and set yourself for the opportunities that will present themselves as the market moves on
If you’re wondering what will happen to property in 2020–2021 you are not alone.
You can trust the team at Metropole to provide you with direction, guidance and results.
In challenging times like we are currently experiencing you need an advisor who takes a holistic approach to your wealth creation and that’s what you exactly what you get from the multi award winning team at Metropole.
If you’re looking at buying your next home or investment property here’s 4 ways we can help you:
- Strategic property advice. – Allow us to build a Strategic Property Plan for you and your family. Planning is bringing the future into the present so you can do something about it now! This will give you direction, results and more certainty. Click here to learn more
- Buyer’s agency – As Australia’s most trusted buyers’ agents we’ve been involved in over $3Billion worth of transactions creating wealth for our clients and we can do the same for you. Our on the ground teams in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane bring you years of experience and perspective – that’s something money just can’t buy. We’ll help you find your next home or an investment grade property. Click here to learn how we can help you.
- Wealth Advisory – We can provide you with strategic tailored financial planning and wealth advice. Click here to learn more about we can help you.
- Property Management – Our stress free property management services help you maximise your property returns. Click here to find out why our clients enjoy a vacancy rate considerably below the market average, our tenants stay an average of 3 years and our properties lease 10 days faster than the market average.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.