What's your favourite movie about money?
There have been some great one.
Oliver Stone’s epic Wall Street made in 1987 is one of my favourites - I remember those days of "greed is good" very clearly.
Then more recently there was The Big Short about the subprime meltdown.
It’s no surprise they keep making movies about money considering the colourful characters often found within these situations.
ABC Finance created the following infographic about the 10 Best Films about Finance.
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2024 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
- Also read:Here’s how to avoid these 12 common reasons property investors fail to build a Multi Million Dollar Property Portfolio
- Also read:Sydney property market forecast for 2024
- Also read:Boom to bust: What makes property prices rise and fall
- Also read:This week’s Australian Property Market Update – Latest Data, State by State November 28th, 2023
They've also analysed each films' finances to discover how well each movie did at the box office, compared to their monetary budget.
In the movie world of finance, alongside tales of highs, lows and even humour, there’s definitely some money to be made!