A lot can happen in one week in our property markets, can't it?
So here's a look back at some of the things I read or learned this week, that I believe you should also know.
We've moved from a boom-time sellers' market into more of a buyer's property market.
At a national level, properties are taking longer to sell.
In the three months to July, the median days on market was 32, up from a recent low of 20 days over the three months to November.
Similarly, vendor discounting has increased from a recent low of -2.8% recorded in three months to April last year.
In the three months to July the median vendor discount at the national level was -3.8% -so vendors are really not having to slash their prices, despite what the media tries to tell us.
- Also read:52 years of valid reasons not to invest
- Also read:If Australia is in a housing crisis, why are there so many vacant homes?
- Also read:Inflation is the 2022 boogeyman | Property Insiders [Video]
- Also read:Foreign investor crackdown: Australia pulls back the welcome mat
- Also read:11 factors that affect the value of your property