Sir Richard Charles Nicholas Branson is an English business magnate, investor and philanthropist.
He founded the Virgin Group, which controls more than 400 companies.
Branson has developed a reputation for being a risk-taker and someone who values fun over everything else.
Here’s some of his rules for success to inspire you…
1. Write down every single idea you have. No idea is too small, and no idea is too big.
2. Always carry a notebook. You need somewhere to write your ideas down, and while using a folder on your phone is better than nothing, a piece of paper is far more memorable.
3. Find a list method that works for you. Doodles, bullet-points, charts–what suits you best? I find a combination of short phrases and scribbled pictures works best for me.
5. Mark off every completed task. There are few more satisfying things than ticking off a job well done.
6. Make your goals measurable so you know if your plans are working. There’s no point setting targets if you don’t know whether you are hitting them.
7. Set far off, outlandish goals. Resolutions shouldn’t have just short-term endpoints. What do you want to have achieved in five years? How about in 50 years?
9. Share your goals with others. You can help motivate one another and hold each other to account. But remember that, in the end, you are doing this for yourself.
10. Celebrate your successes, and then make new lists of new goals. The cycle should continue as you make more and more progress. I have boxes and boxes of old notes, filled with old lists, and I’m busy making more.
Bonus piece of advice…
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.