In the three months to the end of August, an estimated 117,300 properties sold around Australia (see graph below from Domain).
That’s an increase of just 1 per cent compared to the same period one year ago (recent months are estimates as official sales data does not include all recent sales).
Over the year to August, an estimated 433,500 properties changed hands.
- Also read:Here’s how to avoid these 12 common reasons property investors fail to build a Multi Million Dollar Property Portfolio
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2024 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
- Also read:Sydney property market forecast for 2024
- Also read:Boom to bust: What makes property prices rise and fall
- Also read:This week’s Australian Property Market Update – Latest Data, State by State November 28th, 2023
According to “seasonally adjusted” property sales data, turnover reached a low point in the three months to February 2019.
Since then, property sales have increased by 15 per cent.