No one likes to fail. In fact, most people would do almost anything to avoid failure.
So, do you want to know the real secret to success?
It is not dedication, commitment, hard work, smart work, passion, or even habits.
You’re not going to like the answer.
I’ve heard it said that the real secret to success is managing your failures. In this episode, we’ll take a look at some of the lessons we can learn from failure.
- Failure teaches you that success is never guaranteed.
- Like Winston Churchill once said, success is moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
- Failure isn’t final.
- Failures happen, but they’re no reason not to start again. Successful people have lots of failures on the road to their successes
- This too shall pass.
- Failure isn’t fun, but it’s also not permanent. No matter how much it stings at first, you can move past it.
- Failure forces you to embrace change.
- When you go through failure, this is basically the universe telling you that there is something you should be doing differently.
- Failure can be a great source of motivation.
- For people with the right mindset, failure can be a great source of motivation.
- Failure teaches you to stay humble.
- Failure isn’t unique.
- Everyone experiences failure, even the most successful people you know of.
- Criticism doesn’t equal judgment.
- Time is the greatest teacher.
- Rejection is a powerful tool.
- Creativity. If you fail by taking a route traditionally associated with success, you might have to embark on a novel path when you try again.
- Who to trust. When someone – even a friend or family member who you thought you could trust – plays a role in your failure, you learn not to trust them so readily in the future.
- Value. Failure is a chance to take another look at your value and how you can best present it.
- You to listen to yourself. Tune out any non-constructive, negative feedback that comes from failing and focus on building self-trust.
- Over time, failure can build resilience, which is why the pain is a little less each time it occurs.
- What to do better next time. If you can identify the steps that led to your failure and why they had the results they did, you can form a strategy for future success.
Why not join Metropole’s Business Accelerator Mastermind
Learn more about Mark Creedon – Business Coach to some of Australia’s leading entrepreneurs
Get a heap of special reports and eBooks here- www.PodcastBonus.com.au
“I’ve often said I’m a real success at failure, but it really does come down to resilience.” – Michael Yardney
“If you get it right first time as a property investor, you probably think you’re smarter than you are.” –Michael Yardney
“Successful people revel in other’s success.” – Michael Yardney
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's how.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.