“All airplanes are off course 99% of the time. The purpose and role of the pilot and the avionics is to continually bring the plane back on course so that it arrives on schedule at its destination.” — Brian Tracy
There are too many variables in life to devise a perfect, flawless plan.
Unexpected consequences, good or bad, are the byproduct of taking action.
No matter how well thought out a plan is, something invariably will happen that you did not and could not expect.
The self-made millionaires in my Rich Habits Study all experienced unexpected consequences.
They even learned to expect unexpected consequences.
It’s just the nature of taking action.
What makes these individuals so special was their ability to pivot immediately when something unexpected happened.
They didn’t panic.
They didn’t go negative.
And they didn’t respond impulsively.
What they did do was stop and think.
They keep thinking until they believed they had come up with a solid plan to respond to their changing circumstances.
In other words, they made a habit out of pivoting.
Pivoting is the act of changing what you’re doing in light of new facts or new realities.
It is the secret sauce to success.
- Also read:The Rental Squeeze: Exploring Australia’s Strained Housing Markets | Property Insiders [Video]
- Also read:Latest Asking Prices State by State | Listings and asking prices steady in lead up to market hiatus
- Also read:10 BIG Benefits of setting up an SMSF or a Family SMSF
- Also read:Here’s how to avoid these 12 common reasons property investors fail to build a Multi Million Dollar Property Portfolio
- Also read:Auction clearance results December 2nd – Generally Steady Results on Another Big Day of Auctions
The most successful individuals are the ones who are able to pivot over and over again while staying focused on their ultimate destination – realizing their dream.
You are the pilot of your life.
And like a pilot, you need to be able to alter your course by Pivoting.
Pivoting is all about changing what you’re doing in order to get to where you want to go.
When you fail to Pivot, your life will continue to be off course and you’ll never realize your dreams or goals.
Expect the Unexpected and make a habit out of Pivoting.
That’s where learning happens.
That’s where growth happens.
Unexpected consequences force you to think, learn and grow.
That thinking, learning and growth changes you.
It transforms you into the person you need to be in order to realize your dreams and achieve your goals.
Plan, take action and pivot.
That’s the formula for success.