Many years ago I first learned the concept of personal development from Jim Rohn – the fact that I had to work harder on myself: “To have more we must first become more”
That concept changed my life and still inspired me today.
Here are 12 other Jim Rohn quotes that inspire me:
1. “Humans have the remarkable ability to get exactly what they must have. But there is a difference between a ‘must’ and a ‘want.’”
2. “The best motivation is self-motivation. The guy says, ‘I wish someone would come by and turn me on.’ What if they don’t show up? You’ve got to have a better plan for your life.”
3. “When you know what you want, and you want it bad enough, you will find a way to get it.”
4. “Motivation alone is not enough. If you have an idiot and you motivate him, now you have a motivated idiot.”
5. “Without a sense of urgency, desire loses its value.”
6. “Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else’s hands, but not you.”5
7. “Disgust and resolve are two of the great emotions that lead to change.”
8. “Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design.”
9. “What you become directly influences what you get.”
10. “If you learn to set a good sail, the wind that blows will always take you to the dreams you want, the income you want, and the treasures of mind, purse, and soul you want.”
11. “Only human beings can reorder their lives any day they choose by refining their philosophy.”
12. “It is not what happens that determines the major part of your future. What happens, happens to us all. It is what you do about what happens that counts.”
SUBSCRIBE & DON'T MISS A SINGLE EPISODE OF MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
PREFER TO SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.