Warren Buffett is a far better investor today than he was 50 years ago.
It’s been said that the secret to Buffett’s success is that he continuously learns.
So here are 17 Warren Buffet quotes you can learn from:
- “The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything.”
- “What we learn from history is that people don’t learn from history.”
- “Diversification is a protection against ignorance. It makes very little sense for those who know what they’re doing.”
- “Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.”
- “You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.”
- “Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be a more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.”
- “It is not necessary to do extraordinary things to get extraordinary results.”
- “There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult.”
- “Nothing sedates rationality like large doses of effortless money.”
- “It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behaviour is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction.”
- “The most important quality for an investor is temperament, not intellect. You need a temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd or against the crowd.”
- “Successful Investing takes time, discipline and patience. No matter how great the talent or effort, some things just take time: You can’t produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant.”
- “I don’t look to jump over seven-foot bars; I look around for one-foot bars that I can step over.”
- “Opportunities come infrequently. When it rains gold, put out the bucket, not the thimble”
- “If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes. Put together a portfolio of companies whose aggregate earnings march upward over the years, and so also will the portfolio’s market value.”
- “I am a better investor because I am a businessman, and a better businessman because I am an investor.”
- “I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.”
You may enjoy reading:
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of michael yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to michael yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.