If our economists are armed with all the research available in today’s information age, why can’t they agree on where our property markets are heading?
In fact, a better question would be – why do so many get it so wrong?
To understand a bit more about how economist make their forecasts in today’s Property Insiders show I’m going to try and get inside the head of one of the few economists who’s got a strong track record of getting it right – Dr. Andrew Wilson – chief economist of MyHousingMarket
Watch as we discuss some of the factors that explain the changes in property prices
We also discuss:
- The macro economic fundamentals that drive our housing markets
- Dr. Andrew Wilson's background and economic education
- The role of economic forecasting
- The importance of interest rates
- The conundrum the RBA and other central banks are finding themselves in.
- Also read:What makes an A-grade property?
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2024 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
- Also read:Here’s how to avoid these 12 common reasons property investors fail to build a Multi Million Dollar Property Portfolio
- Also read:Sydney property market forecast for 2024
- Also read:Boom to bust: What makes property prices rise and fall