What are your most important priorities today?
What are you going to concentrate on and what are you going to ignore?
I found this interesting blog by Joshua Brown that's puts it all into perspective:
If you had twenty five years left to live, how much time would you spend worrying about the daily ups and downs of the stock market?
If you had twenty years left to live, how much time would you spend trying to time the stock markets and the economy and other things that are both unpredictable and completely out of your control?
If you had fifteen years left to live, how much time would you spend trying to buy or sell a specific stock at the perfect price?
If you had ten years left to live, how much time would you devote to comparing your monthly investment returns against the returns of others?
If you had five years left to live, how much of it would you spend obsessing over financial news and its unforeseeable impact on your portfolio?
If you had one year left to live, how upset would you be about investments you had made that didn't pan out?
- Also read:What makes an A-grade property?
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2024 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
- Also read:Here’s how to avoid these 12 common reasons property investors fail to build a Multi Million Dollar Property Portfolio
- Also read:Sydney property market forecast for 2024
- Also read:Boom to bust: What makes property prices rise and fall
Or investments that you'd passed on that worked out without you?
If you had one month left to live, with whom would you spend those final days? What activities would you pursue?
If you had five days left to live, how much of that time would you spend trashing others on a website or attacking people on Twitter?
If you had 24 hours to live, what would you want the people who knew you to remember most?
How much time do you think you have left?
Take a guess....
Okay, let's assume you've guessed right. Now what?
What do you want to do today?