World Kindness Day is an international observance on 13 November.
It was introduced in 1998 by the the World Kindness Movement a coalition of nations kindness NGOs.
It’s a pity we have to set aside a day to remember to be kind, but here are 10 quotes about kindness…
- “A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.” ― Amelia Earhart
- “Never be so busy as not to think of others.” – Mother Teresa
- “When you are kind to others, it not only changes you, it changes the world.” – Harold Kushner
- “If we have the opportunity to be generous with our hearts, we have no idea of the depth and breadth of love’s reach.” ― Margaret Cho
- “Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.” ― Henry James
- “Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” ― Mark Twain
- “It’s all a matter of paying attention, being awake in the present moment, and not expecting a huge payoff. The magic in this world seems to work in whispers and small kindnesses.” ― Charles de Lint
“There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” – John Holmes
- “Be a little kinder than you have to.” ― E. Lockhart
- “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” ― William Arthur Ward
- “Kindness is stronger than iron bars.” ― Margaret George