Today we discuss how long (and why) it takes a property investor to become financially independent.
You may not like the answer.
This is part of a series of How to Avoid the Common Investor Mistakes videos, so that you won’t make the same errors in the beginning investors to.
Watch as we explain:
- It often takes 30 years to develop financial independence through property;
- The first 10 years you tend to lean what not to do as you try out a number of systems, strategies;
- Then you have to build a substantial asset base and next;
- 50% of those who buy an investment property sell up in the first five years;
- 90% of property investors never get past their first or second property
- Sure you’ll get emails in your inbox telling you to go along to a seminar or watch a webinar where you can buy 7 properties in 7 minutes, or that you can buy property with no money down or buy a property with your lunch money;
- Property is not a get rich quick scheme, but people are in a hurry so many look for the next hot spot;
- Some ideas about how you can shorten that 30 year time frame including getting a mentor.
You may also want to watch:
HOW TO AVOID COMMON INVESTOR MISTAKES — THINKING NEGATIVE GEARING IS A STRATEGY [VIDEO]
Now is the time to take action and set yourself for the opportunities that will present themselves as the market moves on
A perfect storm is brewing for our property markets in 2021-22, and you can trust the team at Metropole to provide you with direction, guidance and results.
In challenging times like we are currently experiencing you need an advisor who takes a holistic approach to your wealth creation and that’s what you exactly what you get from the multi-award-winning team at Metropole.
If you’re looking at buying your next home or investment property here’s 4 ways we can help you:
- Strategic property advice. – Allow us to build a Strategic Property Plan for you and your family. Planning is bringing the future into the present so you can do something about it now! This will give you direction, results and more certainty. Click here to learn more
- Buyer’s agency – As Australia’s most trusted buyers’ agents we’ve been involved in over $3Billion worth of transactions creating wealth for our clients and we can do the same for you. Our on the ground teams in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane bring you years of experience and perspective – that’s something money just can’t buy. We’ll help you find your next home or an investment grade property. Click here to learn how we can help you.
- Wealth Advisory – We can provide you with strategic tailored financial planning and wealth advice. Click here to learn more about we can help you.
- Property Management – Our stress free property management services help you maximise your property returns. Click here to find out why our clients enjoy a vacancy rate considerably below the market average, our tenants stay an average of 3 years and our properties lease 10 days faster than the market average.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.