I hate to repeat what everyone else is saying, but clearly we are living in challenging times.
Despite all the bad news in the media, there is also good news out there if you look for it.
But there’s no doubt there are still many challenges ahead of us
- The Corona Virus Pandemic is still hanging over us
- There is a spectre of rising interest rates
- There is political and social unrest around the world.
It’s easy to forget the good times we experienced not that long ago.
It’s easy to forget that this phase is just part or the normal property cycle.
Sure the conditions that cause death are not typical or normal but the fact that the economic and property moves in cycles is normal.
Sure we’re in the Winter of the cycle but just like in nature, Spring follows Winter.
It has for tens of thousands of years and I’m prepared to put my money on the fact that it will happen again this time
I can across the following story from one of my early mentors, the late Jim Rohn that puts things into perspective.
It’s definitely worth the short read…
If You Change Yourself, You Can Change Your Life
Life is about constant, predictable patterns of change, and the only constant factor will be our feelings and attitudes toward life.
We as human beings have the power of attitude and that attitude determines choice, and choice determines results.
All that we are and all that we can become has indeed been left to us to decide and interpret through our attitude and choices.
Life is like the changing seasons—you cannot change the seasons, but you can change yourself.
So the first major lesson in life to learn is how to handle the winters
They come regularly, right after autumn.
Some are long, some are short, some are difficult, some are easy, but they always come right after autumn.
That is never going to change.
There are all kinds of winters: the “winter” when you can’t figure it out, the “winter” when everything seems to go awry.
There are economic winters, social winters and personal winters.
Wintertime can bring disappointment, and disappointment is common to all of us.
- Also read:Questions and answers: Inflation & interest rates
- Also read:10 questions to ask before buying your next investment property
- Also read:The 15 Best Suburbs to Invest in Sydney in 2022
- Also read:10 most expensive suburbs in Brisbane
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2022 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
So you must learn how to handle the winters.
You must learn how to handle difficulty; it always comes after opportunity.
That is never going to change.
The big question is what to do about winters.
You can’t get rid of January (American winter) simply by tearing it off the calendar.
But here is what you can do: You can get stronger; you can get wiser; you can get better.
Remember that trio of words: stronger, wiser, better.
The winters won’t change, but you can.
Before I understood this, I used to wish for summer when it was winter
When things were difficult, I wished they were easy.
I didn’t know any better.
Then my mentor Earl Shoaff gave me the answer from a part of his unique philosophy when he said, “Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for fewer problems, wish for more skills.
Don’t wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom.”
Another great lesson from Jim Rohn.
Now is the time to take action and set yourself for the opportunities that will present themselves as the market moves on
If you're wondering what will happen to property in 2020–2021 you are not alone.
You can trust the team at Metropole to provide you with direction, guidance and results.
In challenging times like we are currently experiencing you need an advisor who takes a holistic approach to your wealth creation and that's what you exactly what you get from the multi award winning team at Metropole.
If you're looking at buying your next home or investment property here's 4 ways we can help you:
- Strategic property advice. - Allow us to build a Strategic Property Plan for you and your family. Planning is bringing the future into the present so you can do something about it now! This will give you direction, results and more certainty. Click here to learn more
- Buyer's agency - As Australia's most trusted buyers’ agents we've been involved in over $3Billion worth of transactions creating wealth for our clients and we can do the same for you. Our on the ground teams in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane bring you years of experience and perspective - that's something money just can't buy. We'll help you find your next home or an investment grade property. Click here to learn how we can help you.
- Wealth Advisory - We can provide you with strategic tailored financial planning and wealth advice. Click here to learn more about we can help you.
- Property Management - Our stress free property management services help you maximise your property returns. Click here to find out why our clients enjoy a vacancy rate considerably below the market average, our tenants stay an average of 3 years and our properties lease 10 days faster than the market average.