We pick up most of our adult habits from our parents.
75% of the self-made millionaires in my study said they learned good success habits from their parents.
Parents who mentor their kids for success in life set their kids up for a life of success and happiness.
Below are a few of the Rich Habits I learned from my Mom:
- Show Empathy: Many people are going through some life crisis and kindness and compassion helps ease their pain.
Be there emotionally for people who are going through hard times.
- Be Generous: Help people who are struggling in life.
- Attend Funerals: A death in the family is one of those life events I write and talk about a lot.
When you attend funerals you put your relationships on steroids. Death of a loved one is painful. Attending funerals shows you care.
- Laugh Every Day: Find a reason to be happy. Find something funny in everything in life. You can’t be sad when you’re laughing.
- Money is the Route of All Evil: Pursuing anything for the love of money alone is wrong.
Find something you are passionate about and don’t worry about the money.
- You Can’t Control What You Can’t Control: Much of life is outside your control.
Just try every day to control what you can control and don’t worry about what is outside your control.
- Creative Pursuits Make You Happy: When you engage in anything that requires creativity you will be happy.
My Mom loves playing the piano. She always has a smile on her face when she is playing piano. Writing makes me happy, so I write every day.
When you develop a skill that involves creativity it will make you happy.
- Love: Show love to everyone you meet. Love solves most problems in life. Everyone needs to be loved.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.