As we get older we get wiser.
Well..at least that’s the idea, isn’t it?
Here’s a great list I found on twitter.
I wish I was smart enough to have come up with this great list I found on twitter from Vala Afshar
As I got older I realised these 33 things:
- Lost money can be found; lost time is lost forever
- Learning to learn, and changing yourself is a superpower
- You are not your job
- Networking is about giving
- The best teacher is your last mistake
- Good manners as important as good education
- Do not take your health for granted
- Be a better friend and value relationships
- If you are waiting for a title to lead, you are not ready to lead
- A sponsor is more important than a mentor
- A good story is soulful with sprinkling of data
- Stop worrying about what others think of you
- If you want an easier life, work on harder problems
- Best teachers are life long students
- Imposter syndrome is real
- Fight against a sense of entitlement
- Half the battle is showing up
- Love and cherish your parents by giving them your time
- Success is not accidental
- The best views are there for those who love the climb
- Lucky people work harder
- Takers may end up with more, but givers sleep better at night
- Memorising is not learning
- It is okay to look back, just don’t stare
- Knowing is not acting
- Straight roads do not make great drivers
- Good listeners hear the unsaid
- Be the person that you want to follow
- Do not limit your contribution to a job description
- Take care of your parents – the best gift that you can give yourself
- Customer service is not a department
- In the long run, the optimists do more
- Never ruin an apology with excuses
Source: a series of tweets by Vala Afshar
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.