Yes it’s the beginning of another week, so here’s another 10 smart money sayings from some successful investors.
Hopefully one or two will inspire you to do some great things this week:
1. When the market’s going down, it is not because you are stupid. And when it is going up, it’s not because you are smart. – Ralph Wagner
2. The intelligent investor is likely to need considerable will power to keep from following the crowd. – Benjamin Graham
2. The herd instinct is the strongest emotion; especially dangerous in investing. (Unknown)
3. When making investment decisions your emotions are often a reverse indicator of what you ought to be doing. (Unknown)
4. When everybody likes a stock, it must go down; when nobody likes a stock, it may go up. (Unknown)
5. Never bet on the end of the world. It only happens once. – Art Cashin, CNBC Contributor
6. Fallible, emotional people determine price; cold, hard cash determines value. (Unknown)
7. When everyone rushes to one side of the boat, head to the other side to avoid getting soaked. (Unknown)
8. “Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” Warren Buffett
9. “The time of maximum pessimism is the best time to buy and the time of maximum optimism is the best time to sell”. John Templeton
10 . An investor should be a judge, objective and unattached. Otherwise he loses the greatest advantage in investing – freedom to act. (Unknown)
SUBSCRIBE & DON'T MISS A SINGLE EPISODE OF MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
NEED HELP LISTENING TO MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST FROM YOUR PHONE OR TABLET?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
PREFER TO SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.