People greatly underestimate both what forgiveness is, and the importance of it.
You benefit immensely when you choose to forgive and so does everyone around you.
Whether you need to forgive others, or need to forgive yourself, doing so sets you free from the past and enables you to fulfil your true potential.
- Also read:This weekend’s auction clearance results Saturday May 28th – Markets steady despite post-election surge
- Also read:These are the most affordable suburbs within 10km of each CBD
- Also read:Beware of the unintended economic consequences ahead | Property Insiders [Video]
- Also read:Is there a looming schools shortage?
- Also read:Making an offer on a property – What price should you offer?
Some here are forgiveness quotes to help you let go:
- “Always forgive your enemies – nothing annoys them so much.”- Oscar Wilde
- “We read that we ought to forgive our enemies; but we do not read that we ought to forgive our friends.”- Sir. Francis Bacon
- “All of us can forgive and forget; we just don’t want the other person to forget that we forgave.”- Ivern Ball
- “When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.” – Katherine Ponder
- “Forgiveness is me giving up my right to hurt you for hurting me.” – Anonymous
- “Being forgiven is like having all the worst bits of yourself stuffed into a balloon and then having that balloon set free.”—Shannon Wiersbitzky
- “We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.”—Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Forgiveness is the sweetest revenge.”—Isaac Friedmann
- “Grudges are for those who insist that they are owed something; forgiveness, however, is for those who are substantial enough to move on.”—Criss Jami
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “If you can’t forgive and forget, pick one.” – Robert Brault
- “Forgive all who have offended you, not for them, but for yourself.” – Harriet Nelson