Robin Sharma, a best selling author, motivator and personal development guru recently listed 53 lessons he thought would provide some great things to think about…
Here are some of the one’s that struck a chord with me…
- Success has less to do with hard work and more to do with massive focus on your few best opportunities.
- Why resist change when it’s the main source of your growth?
- The more you invest in growing and developing your mindset and way of seeing the world, the more everything you touch transforms in a breathtakingly positive way.
- Pursuing perfection really does matter (in a world highly accepting of mediocrity)
- Doing something super-nice for at least one stranger a day gives them a gift and an even larger one to yourself.
- Adore your parents. You’ll miss them when they’re gone.
- The smartest thing you can do to grow a great company is to first sweat getting A-players only onto your team and then sweat training and developing them so they play their A-game.
- Have the discipline to clean out all the energy-draining people in your life. You really do rise or fall to the level of your associations.
- Doing huge dreams we have never done can be frightening. Yet when we push to the edges of our limits, our limits expand.
- Integrity is more valuable than income.
- Learn to love yourself. It’s the great rule for being loving with other people.
- When your dominant business focus is to deliver outrageous amounts of value to your customers every time they do business with you, they become fanatical followers who tell the world about what you do.
- Money invested in personal development and professional growth generally has a 30X plus return on investment (I went to more high-level seminars and programs than ever before and the ROI made them all free).
- Real leaders have the guts to have the hard conversations.
- The quality of your practice affects the caliber of your performance.
- Measure your success via your influence and impact versus only by your income and net worth.
- To become successful, first learn how to be happy. Too many think that the route to happiness is to get successful. Untrue.
- Self-belief is so incredibly important. Because if you don’t believe you can achieve a vision/goal, then you won’t even start to do the work needed to achieve that vision/goal.
- Our biggest enemy is our own self-doubt. We really can achieve extraordinary things in our lives. But we sabotage our greatness because of our fear.
- Join a mastermind group. It’s just remarkable what being in a room full of people who are smarter than yourself does for your performance.
- Related to the above, remember what Dennis Kimbro once said: “If you’re the smartest one of your friends, you need new friends.
- If you try to do it all yourself you get very little done. The most productive people set the dream and then hand it over swiftly to a project manager to execute with precision.
- Become one of the rare people who don’t know how to quit (unless it really is time to quit).
- It’s so much better to fail trying than to not even get into the game.
- You can change the world or you can worry about fitting in but you just can’t do both.
- Change is hard at first, messy in the middle and beautiful at the end.
- The real key to getting great things done is stop doing so many good things.
- Small little details done excellently and consistently stack up into something the world sees as Mastery
- Gratitude is the antidote to misery.
- Your self-identity is what really determines your income, influence, impact and lifestyle. Retrain that and your bigness comes out to play.
- Life’s short. Have fun.
You can read Robin’s complete list here.
I hope these lessons kickstart your mindset.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.