It looks like it’s finally Brisbane property’s time in the sun.
Most commentators agree that the Brisbane property market will be the strongest performing residential market over the next few years.
But if history repeats itself, and it most likely will, many investors won’t maximise their upside, or protect their downside when investing in Brisbane.
And many interstate investors will plain get it wrong.
Watch as Brett Warren, director of Metropole Properties Brisbane and I discuss…
5 important things investors must know about investing in the Brisbane property market
You’ll hear us discuss:
- Urban Sprawl
- Brisbane is not as expansive or wide ranging like Sydney and Melbourne
- Key Drivers of growth are lost once you get past 10-12km ring
- Employment hubs, wages growth, public transport and infrastructure
- Larger supply of land around the 10 – 15km ring
- Lack of superior school catchments
- Brisbane property transactions are more Buyer Friendly
- Less final and cut throat than other states
- You can often insert Building & Pest, Finance or Due Diligence clauses in contracts
- Fewer Auctions and more “Multiple Offer” scenarios
- Around 50% less Auctions in Brisbane
- Lack of Auction culture
- Multi offer scenarios are most common – where you put your best and final offer in
- Everything is negotiable
- Could be $500 apart or $5,000 apart?
- Flooding and Stormwater
- If you didn’t already know, Brisbane is prone to flooding
- One side of the street vs the other
- A lot of lower lying areas receive water on a regular basis with lots of storms
- Brisbane is undulating and run off form stormwater can create havoc in certain properties
- Always check flood and stormwater maps provided by Brisbane City Council
- Very different Indoor / outdoor living
- Warm and sunny all year round
- Properties that have an indoor / outdoor living combination sell and rent for a premium
- Open plan flow and living spaces that bring the outdoor in
- Easy way to add value is by adding a deck or reconfiguring living spaces
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of michael yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to michael yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.