Want more money?
If you respect money and play the game of money by knowing the rules, you will see a world of abundant money and will make money work for you.
So let me share 18 little money rules form one of my favourite columnists – Morgan Housel
- Emotions can override any level of intelligence.
- Confidence rises faster than ability, especially among young men.
- The only way to build wealth is to have a gap between your ego and your income
- No one’s impressed with what you have
- An asset’s ability to let you do what you want, when you want, with who you want, is ROI that can’t be found on a spreadsheet.
- About once a decade people forget that bubbles form and burst about once a decade.
- Your investing ability is unproven until it’s survived a calamity.
- Spending money to show people how much money you have is the surest way to have less money.
- Avoid disaster, be patient, and you don’t need many smart decisions to do well over time.
- Big words mask little thoughts.
- You will adjust to most positive financial circumstances, except when it causes you to lose control over your time, which will always hurt..
- The goal of investing isn’t to minimise boredom, it’s to maximise returns.
- It’s easier to lie with numbers than words. As the saying goes, more fiction has been written in Excel than Word.
- Your circle of competence is smaller than you think. Your susceptibility to bias is larger than you think.
- Reducing your desires has the same effect as leveraging your assets, but with no downside risk.
- Solutions to problems can be shockingly simple; Getting people to adhere to simple solutions can be shockingly difficult.
- Debt removes options, savings adds them.
- Compounding requires absorbing damage so you’re never forced to quit
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.