Zig Ziglar was one of my early mentors.
He was one the most effective motivational speakers and authors of his generation.
I remember that I wasn’t really sure about the concept of motivational messages when I first came across Zig Ziglar – but then I heard him say:
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.”
So here’s a selection of some of Zig Ziglar’s best motivational quotes:
- “It is your attitude, not your aptitude that determines your altitude”
- “People do not wander around and then find themselves at the top of Mount Everest.”
- “You can have everything in life you want, if you just help other people get what they want.”
- “F.E.A.R. has two meanings: ‘Forget Everything And Run’ or ‘Face Everything And Rise.’ The choice is yours.”
- “You are what you are and where you are because of what’s gone into your mind. You can change what you are and where you are by changing what goes into your mind.”
- “Remember that failure is an event, not a person.”
- “There are seldom, if ever, any hopeless situations, but there are many people who lose hope in the face of some situations.”
- “It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.”
- “Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful.”
- “You cannot tailor make your situation in life, but you can tailor make your attitudes to fit those situations.”
- “The greatest good we can do for others is not just to share our riches with them, but to reveal theirs.”
- “Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street.”
- “Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.”
- “A lot of people have gone further than they thought they could because someone else thought they could.”
- “If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.”
SUBSCRIBE & DON'T MISS A SINGLE EPISODE OF MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
NEED HELP LISTENING TO MICHAEL YARDNEY'S PODCAST FROM YOUR PHONE OR TABLET?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
PREFER TO SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.