Laughter is one of the best ways to reduce stress in your life.
Watch a comedian and you can laugh away your worries and stress.
Comedians have a lot to teach us beyond simply making us laugh.
Here's a list of 11 things I’ve learned from comedians about the business of life:
- “Wealth is not about having a lot of money; it’s about having a lot of options.” Chris Rock.
- “The only thing money gives you, is the freedom of not worrying about money.” Johnny Carson.
- “If you’re an average layperson, your grasp of high finance consists of knowing your ATM code.” Dave Barry.
- “A fool and his money are soon partying.” Steven Wright
- “Cocaine is God’s way of saying that you’re making too much money.” Robin Williams.
- “When people are getting richer and richer but they’re not actually producing anything, it can’t end well.” Louis CK.
- “Credit and debt is the root of all evil.” Chris Rock.
- “A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it.” Bob Hope.
- “My bank is the worst. They are screwing me. You know what they did to me? They’re charging me money for not having enough money. Apparently, when you’re broke, that costs money.”
- “Wealth – any income that is at least one hundred dollars more a year than the income of one’s wife’s sister’s husband.” H. L. Mencken.
- “There are two times in a man’s life when he should not speculate: when he can’t afford it, and when he can.” Mark Twain.
Bonus quote from Warren Buffett:
“As an investor, you get something out of all the deadly sins—except for envy.
- Also read:What makes an A-grade property?
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2024 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
- Also read:Here’s how to avoid these 12 common reasons property investors fail to build a Multi Million Dollar Property Portfolio
- Also read:Sydney property market forecast for 2024
- Also read:Boom to bust: What makes property prices rise and fall
Being envious of someone else is pretty stupid.
Wishing them badly, or wishing you did as well as they did—all it does is ruin your day. Doesn’t hurt them at all, and there’s zero upside to it.
If you’re going to pick a sin, go with something like lust or gluttony.
That way at least you’ll have something to remember the weekend for.”