Here’s a list of 11 things I’ve learned from comedians about the business of life:
- “Wealth is not about having a lot of money; it’s about having a lot of options.” Chris Rock.
- “The only thing money gives you, is the freedom of not worrying about money.” Johnny Carson.
- “If you’re an average layperson, your grasp of high finance consists of knowing your ATM code.” Dave Barry.
- “A fool and his money are soon partying.” Steven Wright
- “Cocaine is God’s way of saying that you’re making too much money.” Robin Williams.
- “When people are getting richer and richer but they’re not actually producing anything, it can’t end well.” Louis CK.
- “Credit and debt is the root of all evil.” Chris Rock.
- “A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it.” Bob Hope.
- “My bank is the worst. They are screwing me. You know what they did to me? They’re charging me money for not having enough money. Apparently, when you’re broke, that costs money.”
- “Wealth – any income that is at least one hundred dollars more a year than the income of one’s wife’s sister’s husband.” H. L. Mencken.
- “There are two times in a man’s life when he should not speculate: when he can’t afford it, and when he can.” Mark Twain.
Bonus quote from Warren Buffett:
“As an investor, you get something out of all the deadly sins—except for envy.
Being envious of someone else is pretty stupid.
Wishing them badly, or wishing you did as well as they did—all it does is ruin your day. Doesn’t hurt them at all, and there’s zero upside to it.
If you’re going to pick a sin, go with something like lust or gluttony.
That way at least you’ll have something to remember the weekend for.”
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.