You are where you are today because of all the things you've chosen to do and all the things that you've chosen not to do.
The level of your success is a direct result of their conscious choices you've made and the Rich Habits you've developed.
Here's a list of 11 disempowering but common habits successful people have consciously rejected:
1. They Don’t Define True Wealth With Money
Successful people realise that wealth is what you are left with after they take all your money away...
Things like your friends, family, health, inner peace, and positive contributions.
2. They Don’t Start Their Day Without a Purpose or a Plan
Not only do successful people have crystal clear short and long-term goals, they also know exactly what they must accomplish each day to feel fulfilled as well as bring them closer to their goals.
3. They Don’t Surround Themselves With Negative People
They realise that it’s fairly easy to absorb negative energy when you are around toxic people who complain, procrastinate, blame others and make excuses.
Instead, successful people surround themselves with positive and proactive people who inspire them to achieve great things.
4. They Don’t Focus on the Negatives
Successful people don’t entertain self-defeating negative thoughts.
When things go wrong they move on by finding a useful belief to help them identify the benefits from their experience.
5. They Don’t Dwell on Failures
Successful people accept that failure is an essential part of growth.
They look at these bumps as opportunities to learn, grow, and become even better for an even bigger win ahead!
- Also read:Latest property price forecasts for 2024 revealed. What’s ahead in our housing markets in the next year or two?
- Also read:Here’s how to avoid these 12 common reasons property investors fail to build a Multi Million Dollar Property Portfolio
- Also read:Sydney property market forecast for 2024
- Also read:Boom to bust: What makes property prices rise and fall
- Also read:This week’s Australian Property Market Update – Latest Data, State by State November 28th, 2023
6. They Don’t Concern Themselves With How Others Judge Them
Successful people do not base their worth on how others think of them because they’ve set their own values, goals, and principles without having to depend on anyone to validate them.
7. They Don’t Make Excuses
Successful people take responsibility - they don't blame others - they recognise there are no successful victims
8. They Don’t Get Jealous Over Other People’s Victories
Successful people are abundant thinkers - that know there are enough “wins” to go around for everyone.
9. They Don’t Live in the Past
Successful people realise the past has already happened and that moment no longer exist.
If you keep dwelling in what was, you will be unable to fully be present for what is, thus negatively affecting what’s to come.
10. They Don’t Stop Learning
Successful people have mentors or coaches to inspire and motivate them when challenged, and keep them accountable to their decisions and goals.
They are always learning and keep themselves open to making improvements in themselves and their lives.
11. They Don’t End The Day Without Giving Thanks
Successful people are grateful for both the big and small blessings in their lives.
These recognise that without gratitude they are not wealthy.