Did you know your brain is like a computer operating system.
If you’ve been following my series of Rich Habits, Poor Habits videos with Tom Corley, I’m sure you knew this.
This means you can program your brain to choose happiness.
Here are top 10 happiness hacks:
- Worrying about money is one of the biggest causes of unhappiness, but no amount of money can make you happy unless you shift into gratitude and abundance mode.
- Worrying is also a misuse of your imagination. You’re better off using your energy doing things that you can control and accept the rest.
- Your expectations determine your experiences. Expect the best out of your day, and you will usually get it.
- Most of the things that go wrong won’t last. Ask yourself if it will still matter in a years’ time. When the answer is no, then it doesn’t matter today.
- Being optimistic is not about being naïve that nothing can go wrong. It’s understanding that things can go wrong, but expecting them to go right.
- Understand that no matter how bad things are at a moment in time, the time will pass and your life will be a good again.
- Choose your battles wisely. Unless it’s worth fighting for, walk away and spare your energy.
- Have the courage to say ‘no’ to the things you don’t want, to allow yourself to say ‘yes’ to the things you do want.
- Putting yourself first doesn’t mean you put everyone else last. Do the right things for you, without doing the wrong things by anyone else.
- Regardless of your experiences in 2016, it’s never too late to start backing yourself. Be courageous in your decision making. Stand by your choices and never look back.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of michael yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to michael yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.