Jim Rohn’s inspirational quotes are one of the most popular blogs that get read on this site. Now that’s interesting isn’t it because they have nothing to do with property investing per se.
But his philosophy was an important influence on me, so here’s even more of his quotes to start your week :
- Humility is a virtue; timidity is a disease
- Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.
- Humans have the remarkable ability to get exactly what they must have. But there is a difference between a “must” and a “want.”
- Make rest a necessity, not an objective. Only rest long enough to gather strength.
- We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment.
- The worst thing one can do is not to try, to be aware of what one wants and not give in to it, to spend years in silent hurt wondering if something could have materialized – never knowing.
- Each of us must be committed to maintaining the reputation of all of us. And all of us must be committed to maintaining the reputation of each of us.
- It only takes one lie to taint your entire testimony in a court of law. Honesty is a vital part of having a good reputation.
- To become financially independent you must turn part of your income into capital; turn capital into enterprise, turn enterprise into profit; turn profit into investment; and turn investment into financial independence.
- There is no better opportunity to receive more than to be thankful for what you already have. Thanksgiving opens up the windows of opportunity for ideas to flow your way.
And this week’s bonus quote:
“The Bible gives us a list of human stories on both sides of the ledger.
One list of human stories is used as examples—do what these people did. Another list of human stories is used as warnings—don’t do what these people did.
So if your story ever gets in one of these books, make sure they use it as an example, not a warning.”
Now it’s your turn…leave one of your favourite quotes below.