Have you ever wondered what Google knows about you?
By now, it shouldn’t shock you to learn that everything you do in this Internet-connected world leaves a trail of breadcrumbs.
Today’s infographic, which comes to us from Mylio, focuses in on Google in particular.
- What does Google know about me?
- How do they find out?
- And what steps can I take to protect myself and my personal data?
A bit about Google:
The search giant is massive in size, and there is a good chance you tap into Googleverse in some way:
- Global market penetration for Android is 61-81%.
- Google has a 78.8% market share for online search.
- The company generates $67.4 billion in annual ad revenue.
- Google processes two trillion searches annually.
- 30-50 million websites use Google Analytics to for tracking.
- There are 700,000 apps available in the Google Play store.
- 82% of videos watched online come from YouTube.
- In total, Google has at least 79 products and services.
- According to Google’s documentation, it uses these services to pull out information on the “things you do”, “things you create”, and the things that make you unique.