Do you want to know why the rich keep getting richer and how to become one of them?
Well, today’s show is a little different and should give you some insights.
We launched the book in Australia last year and it has been doing really well.
However we just recently launched in the US and this episode is an interview that Mark Creedon conducted with Tom and me.
We all know the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.
So Tom and I wrote this book to share what you can do to be like the rich and increase your wealth.
Michael Yardney and Tom Corley are Interviewed by Mark Creedon
- Mark introduces the interview and shares how this book debunks myths and focuses on the habits of the wealthy.
- Bad money habits are the reason people don’t get out of the rat race.
- Tom shares how habits allow the brain to work less. The brain is looking for ways to do less work and be more efficient.
- Most life long habits are picked up by the age of nine from our parents.
- The rich keep getting richer because of what they heard and saw at home as a child. These habits start early in life. It also has to do with the people they associate with.
- Habits are malleable and can be changed. They are forged by the brain. Having keystone habits take root inside the brain.
- You only need to change one or two habits to completely transform your life.
- To turn your life around the first thing to do is recognize your situation and why you are there. Your actions are the result of the way you are thinking, so you have to change your thinking.
- The number one rich habit is the one that will have the largest impact on your life which is dream setting. This is a process of developing your future ideal life. Rich people have clarity of vision. Dream setting helps answer the question of what you want.
- This book is not just theory. It is from authors that are actually living it. This is an opportunity to tap into extensive experience and research.
Links and resources:
Our favourite show quotes:
“Today’s adults still have poor money habits ingrained in their subconscious. ” Michael Yardney
“The rich are getting richer because of the they way they think, act, and the information they have.” Michael Yardney
“Remove unproductive habits and replace them with good habits and hang around with people you want to be like.” Michael Yardney
“If our parents are great success mentors we are going to have a really successful life.” Tom Corley
Never miss an episode and keep up with all the good things going on at the Michael Yardney podcast by subscribing on iTunes.
You can also subscribe to MichaelYardneyPodcast.com to keep up with the latest information including bonus material that comes out between the podcasts.
Subscribe & don’t miss a single episode of Michael Yardney’s podcast
Hear Michael & a select panel of guest experts discuss property investment, success & money related topics. Subscribe now, whether you're on an Apple or Android handset.
Need help listening to Michael Yardney’s podcast from your phone or tablet?
We have created easy to follow instructions for you whether you're on iPhone / iPad or an Android device.
Prefer to subscribe via email?
Join Michael Yardney's inner circle of daily subscribers and get into the head of Australia's best property investment advisor and a wide team of leading property researchers and commentators.